Muscle Fiber Typing w/ Counter Movement

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
I find this is interesting, the only oly lifts I use when I train people is the clean, I’ve noticed some kids touch the weight to the floor, and others just need a slight dip. if the two lifters are the same size,hoisting the same weight, this theroy might be right. I don’t know what you’d do with this, but it’s interesting. where does Thib’s talk about this.[/quote]

Black Book of Training Secrets I believe. At least in the copy I have he talks about it. I don’t know what it says in your copy. It’s in the first couple chapters.

never had a copy but thanks

Skip to 1:02

Aw poor you. The fact is that most of the posters who replied in a negative way to your comment would be happy to help a new lifter asking a specific question about olympic weightlifting. However, you didn’t ask any questions in your original post you just made some arrogant statements about your broad jump being close to that of elite athletes. It was almost entirely irrelevant to olympic weightlifting. If you’d asked an interesting question and saved the keyboard warrior bullshit you would have got a much nicer response.

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
I’m must curious about how this conclusion was come to.
Did they do muscle biopsies to determine fiber type?[/quote]

Christian Thibadaeu said it in The Black Book of Training Secrets. He didn’t back it up he just said it. I don’t know why he didn’t back it up. I guess I’m supposed to take the word of a digital book I got through questionable means. I don’t know if they did muscle biopsies or not. I was hoping someone on Tnation would be more knowledgeable than me on the topic. I thought it might be something olympic lifters would know about since they are all quick twitch. But no. It’s a bunch of dumbasses that want to flame eachother. I sent some flames too and I apologize. But everyone shits on me and doesn’t actually want to discuss things.[/quote]
I certainly would like to discuss the topic. That’s why I asked about research methodology.
It seems like an interesting concept and I could see it making logical sense.
I’ve never videotaped myself but I think I actually dip pretty low when I vertical jump. I’m not necessarily the strongest guy, but I can sprint pretty fast.

[quote]oly-ali wrote:
Aw poor you. The fact is that most of the posters who replied in a negative way to your comment would be happy to help a new lifter asking a specific question about olympic weightlifting. However, you didn’t ask any questions in your original post you just made some arrogant statements about your broad jump being close to that of elite athletes. It was almost entirely irrelevant to olympic weightlifting. If you’d asked an interesting question and saved the keyboard warrior bullshit you would have got a much nicer response.[/quote]

^^^This!!