Muscle Benefits From the Stepper?

I hurt my back years ago and had to rely on the stepper for leg training and cardio. The stepper and the UBE (for cardio and upper body exercise) can do the trick, but expect limited results.

Here’s some thoughts:

1. use legs weights while stepping
  2. try not to hold onto the side rails, or cheat in any manner
  3. avoid steppers allowing you to use hip movement alone to perform the exercise
  4. a coach told me to vary foot position, and body position, i.e., focus on balls of feet, or on on heels, while leaning forward, standing straight, whatever
  5. focus on interval training for maximum results

It’s not the same as weightlifting, but it provides a good foundation and it can add to leg size. Remember, with respect to foundation, what Schwarzennegger said, “for the first six months of your weight training you shouldn’t even look at a weight…do calisthenics…etc…”.

Just my humble two cents…
v/r

I get good erectional development from watching cardio-bubbies on the stairmaster.

[quote]Azzurri wrote:
but I need a short term leg exercise.
[/quote]

A Short Term exercise? WHA?

It doesn’t get much more short term than Squats for Legs. You want bigger and stronger legs? You want all the benefits of having all the muscles below your nipples being brutally strong? Squats and Deadlifts are the Quickest way to get there.

If you say you can’t do squats for some sort of medical or mobility problem, then you need to fix that NOW. Squatting is such a natural motion that if you can’t perform it, then fixing your body so that you can squat should become your number 1 concern.

I don’t get this “Short Term” crap you’re talking about. Maybe you’re just looking for a good Quad Pump. If that’s the case, if you’ve already got Monster Legs and you just want some veins to pop out, then Leg Extensions will fit the bill and give you a nice , 3 minute long pump. Maybe even longer.

If you’re working around back problems, then Front Squats and Unilateral Work is an option.