T Nation

Murtha:

You can’t deal with Congressman Murtha, until he knows you better! Sheeshhh…

UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT: I went out and I got the fifty thousand, okay? From what you’re telling me, okay? You’re telling me that that’s not what you – you know, that that’s not –

MURTHA: I’m not interested. I’m sorry.

UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT: Okay.

MURTHA: At this point.

UNDERCOVER FBI AGENT: Okay.

MURTHA: You know, if we do business for a while. Maybe I’ll be interested. Maybe I won’t."

…from a recording played on Limbaugh yesterday.

Of course, that disqualifies it from truth because Rush used Oxycontin, and had a suitcase of condoms, and…

LMAO!

I thinking supporting Murtha was Pelosi’s first misstep.

One of the big issues Dems ran on was cleaning up Congress - a good issue, to be sure.

Murtha not only has a sordid past of being way too close to a bribery, he also is one of Congress’ champion earmarkers. Murtha is exactly the kind of special interest broker the Dems railed against - and again, rightly so - in the election.

Bad move by Pelosi.

Hoyer was just announced as Majority over Murtha.

Too bad. I was hoping Murtha got this position.

Hoyer will do however. He embraces the core ideals of the party much better then Murtha. Hopefully he will get a lot of airtime. It can only help the GOP in 2008.

[quote]hedo wrote:

Hoyer will do however. He embraces the core ideals of the party much better then Murtha. Hopefully he will get a lot of airtime. It can only help the GOP in 2008.[/quote]

The GOP needs to stop hoping that the Democrats will step on their dicks and get back to what they were good at.

The GOP was good at reigning in spending. They got shit canned because they did not hold up their end of the bargain. The GOP was more worried about staying in power than serving me and you.

Reference the contract with America.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
hedo wrote:

Hoyer will do however. He embraces the core ideals of the party much better then Murtha. Hopefully he will get a lot of airtime. It can only help the GOP in 2008.

The GOP needs to stop hoping that the Democrats will step on their dicks and get back to what they were good at.

The GOP was good at reigning in spending. They got shit canned because they did not hold up their end of the bargain. The GOP was more worried about staying in power than serving me and you.

Reference the contract with America.[/quote]

I don’t disagree with you about the GOP shortfalls.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
hedo wrote:

Reference the contract with America.[/quote]

Too true. Parties are too concerned with votes, and not concerned enough witht eh American people and the future of our nation. Democrats and GOP members a like have abandon core values for ridiculous moral and emotional issues.

And, for the record, 90% of politicians would not havge the clout or the money too be sucsessful without being corrupt in some way.

Not excusing it, I’m just saying it’s not party exclusive at all.