T Nation

Murder Street

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/05/20/basra.killings/index.html

Some excerpts:

"They said [to her], ‘Why don’t you have a husband?’ " Sabriya says. “They came in at night and put a pillow on her face and shot her in the head.”

“This one was slaughtered for his car.”

“This one the same,” she adds, looking at the third.

Her three sons, her daughter and her sister were all killed by the hard-line militia. Her sister was slaughtered because she was a single woman living alone.

“This one was killed because he was drinking,”

Imagine if we left on a dime…Just imagine the river of blood. We shouldn’t have gone there, but we cannot leave it out of control for this reason.
We were wrong, they need a dictator, not a democracy. For all of Saddam’s faults, he knew how to deal with this shit. Nobody was to murder except him, his sons or his “people” loyal to him.

[quote]pat wrote:
… they need a dictator, not a democracy…[/quote]

I hope you are wrong about this but there is a lot of evidence pointing this way.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
pat wrote:
… they need a dictator, not a democracy…

I hope you are wrong about this but there is a lot of evidence pointing this way. [/quote]

I wish he was wrong, but he’s right.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
pat wrote:
… they need a dictator, not a democracy…

I hope you are wrong about this but there is a lot of evidence pointing this way. [/quote]

I believe pat is essentially correct.Democracy just doesn’t work as of this time in the ME.

Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?

And since this is a useless thread, what do you guys think about this?

‘Witches’ burnt to death in Kenya

Eleven elderly people accused of being witches have been burned to death by a mob in the west of Kenya, police say.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7413268.stm

[quote]lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?[/quote]

Iraqis screwed up Iraq. Iraq was a mess before we got there. Iraq is a mess now. The US and the Coalition allies are the only ones trying to fix it.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?[/quote]

Actually, the Arabs screwed up Iraq. That’s the problem with it - Arabs and their religion. Kurdistan is working just fine. None of the Chaldean christians were raising hell. No, only the Arab Muslims posed a problem. It’s hardly our fault that the ARabs are so incapable of governing themselves with any kind of civility.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?[/quote]

You missed the point…People are getting slaughtered because they are not islamic enough…I may be wrong, but the Coalition isn’t the one doing that.

And the Yankees are in last place, so they really aren’t germane to the situation; I mean they got smoked by the Orioles of all people!

[quote]pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?

You missed the point…People are getting slaughtered because they are not islamic enough…I may be wrong, but the Coalition isn’t the one doing that.

And the Yankees are in last place, so they really aren’t germane to the situation; I mean they got smoked by the Orioles of all people! [/quote]

what do the germans have to do with anything?
lol

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s a bit strange to topple the government of a sovereign country and replace order with effective anarchy and blame the resultant chaos on the inhabitants. Somehow this is like saying “This isn’t our fault. No one could have predicted that lawlessness brings out the worst in people. If they were better people, they would function just fine under lawlessness.”

Right. It’s not our fault. It’s not the result of the mayhem and chaos we have caused. Its the fault of the Iraqis for fulfilling the predictions of human nature.

And if this is not what you are saying, you aren’t saying anything at all.

But then again, those arguing in this manner are the same types of folks who don’t actually believe in government. So it probably makes sense in their heads.

Do not think for a minute that there is a place in this world where crime (including religiously motivated crimes and murders) would not increase following the removal of effective law enforcement.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Gael wrote:
It’s a bit strange to topple the government of a sovereign country and replace order with effective anarchy and blame the resultant chaos on the inhabitants. Somehow this is like saying “This isn’t our fault. No one could have predicted that lawlessness brings out the worst in people. If they were better people, they would function just fine under lawlessness.”

…[/quote]

I don’t understand how a mind like yours works. When people murder innocents you blame others instead of the murderers. Unreal.

Bullshit. That Saddam was a brutal dictator doesnt change the fact that the sunnis and shiads werent killing each other under him.

The civil war in Iraq that has started after the invasion, which has killed hundreds of thousands people, is the direct responsibility of the USA, thats the way it is.

[quote]pat wrote:
Imagine if we left on a dime…Just imagine the river of blood. We shouldn’t have gone there, but we cannot leave it out of control for this reason.
[/quote]

If people are getting murdered while the US is supposedly there “protecting” them than that is an argument that Iraqis need a new form of protection NOT more protection from the same people who cannot stop these crimes.

Iraqis are royally fucked and I only hope that justice is one day granted to them and that the real perpetrators of this heinous crime are formally charged. It will never happen.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?

Actually, the Arabs screwed up Iraq. That’s the problem with it - Arabs and their religion. Kurdistan is working just fine. None of the Chaldean christians were raising hell. No, only the Arab Muslims posed a problem. It’s hardly our fault that the ARabs are so incapable of governing themselves with any kind of civility. [/quote]

Actually, Iraq never existed before a bunch of Europeans and Americans started drawing random borders in the sand about 100 years ago. Same thing with African nations too.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
lixy wrote:
Yeah, we get it. The Yanks screwed up Iraq. What else is new?

Actually, the Arabs screwed up Iraq. That’s the problem with it - Arabs and their religion. Kurdistan is working just fine. None of the Chaldean christians were raising hell. No, only the Arab Muslims posed a problem. It’s hardly our fault that the ARabs are so incapable of governing themselves with any kind of civility.

Actually, Iraq never existed before a bunch of Europeans and Americans started drawing random borders in the sand about 100 years ago. Same thing with African nations too.[/quote]

Mesopotamia existed and it was full of Arabs. The Arabs are the reason their country is a mess, not us. Kurdistan is stable, booming, and wants nothing more than to be free of the rest of Iraq.

And 50 years after colonialism, it becomes increasingly hard to blame the white man for the ills of Africa.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:

Iraqis screwed up Iraq. Iraq was a mess before we got there. Iraq is a mess now. The US and the Coalition allies are the only ones trying to fix it.

Bullshit. That Saddam was a brutal dictator doesnt change the fact that the sunnis and shiads werent killing each other under him.

The civil war in Iraq that has started after the invasion, which has killed hundreds of thousands people, is the direct responsibility of the USA, thats the way it is.[/quote]

Bullshit yourself. Saddam murdered tens or even hundreds of thousands of his own, not including his neighbors.

The terrorists are to blame for the murders after Iraq was liberated from that tyrant. Many Iraqi people are complicit because they would rather not cooperate with the infidel.

Iraq has been at war with itself and its neighbors for decades.

Why don’t we just kill all the Arab males, leave the kurds alone, and then just keep the women for ourselves and birth a new nation?

Alexander probably would have done something along those lines.

Our soldiers don’t have pussy anyways, so it’d be a win-win situation. And a hell of a lot easier than a pick and choose guerilla war.

This would be a war we could win.