Muppet's Theory of Food

I read alot. Of course, otherwise I wouldnt really be here.

But the more I read about food, and more specifically “superfoods”, claiming to have some special health benefits, the more I realize one simple fact.

EVERYTHING in nature, every food we eat fresh and relatively unprocessed from nature, has some “supplement” function. It used to be just vegetables and fruit. That list has certainly grown quite a bit, after reading the different articles on this site one might think that there isnt enough time in the day to eat every food with healthy effects out there.

I mean, its broccoly, blueberries, spinach, corn, nuts, apples, lettuce etc etc.

So, here’s my theory.

If you eat a varied diet of stuff found in nature, it doesnt really matter if you eat spinach or whatever.

Even now, in the new article replies (what Lonnie Lowery said) even meat has some medicine-like effects.

So I say, eat food but don’t feel bad if you didnt get a whole cup of broccoli along with all your other veggies.

Eat your dead animals, eat as much variety of veggies/fruit as possible and eat your healthy fats from plants/animals, eat your Low GI/II starchy carbs preferably earlier in the day and around your workouts, stay within your daily caloric range based on goals and you should be good to go. Thats my theory.

[quote]Muppet wrote:
I read alot. Of course,

If you eat a varied diet of stuff found in nature, it doesnt really matter if you eat spinach or whatever.

[/quote]

If you eat a varied diet, it will include spinach or whatever once in a while.