Multivitamins Twice a Day?

I usually train in the afternoon. I have been taking centrum multi’s for years now and wanted to add the animal pak into my supplements. Can I take both, one-a-day in the morning, and animal pak following instructions in the afternoon? This leads me to another question regarding this…can you go overboard with vitamins and minerals? Just wondering if what I will be doing is safe.

[quote]Mach10 wrote:
I usually train in the afternoon. I have been taking centrum multi’s for years now and wanted to add the animal pak into my supplements. Can I take both, one-a-day in the morning, and animal pak following instructions in the afternoon? This leads me to another question regarding this…can you go overboard with vitamins and minerals? Just wondering if what I will be doing is safe.[/quote]

It’s bloody vitamins, it doesen’t matter.

You’ll be fine with the additional vitamins… but you’re pee will be extra colorful.

I read centrum is really poor quality. I know it’s not a multivit replacement but I would rather go with Superfood.

animal pak only worked for me for 1 tube. after that is wasn’t doing jack shit.

but to answer your question, it won’t kill ya. i think :-/

read labels… certain vitamins in overly high doses can be toxic AND DEADLY! i.e. vitamin A

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
read labels… certain vitamins in overly high doses can be toxic AND DEADLY! i.e. vitamin A[/quote]

Its not like he is taking the entire bottle…

You’ll be fine if you take two, three, or five. You’d have to take a shit load of vitamins to cause a negative effect in your body.

You will be fine. I currently take the following twice a day. Once with my first meal and once with my fifth meal.

1 Multivitamin (Costco brand)
1 Glucosamine/MSM
200 mg Calcium
8,000 IU Vitamin D-3
1,000 mg Vitamin C
400 IU Vitamin E (natural)
5,000 mg fish oil (Costco brand)

I take 1/2 serving of Superfood with my first meal and another 1/2 serving with my post workout Surge/Creatine shake. On non workout days I have my second 1/2 serving of Superfood with my fourth meal.

I take 400 mg Magnesium with my third meal along with 5,000 mg of fish oil. 30 minutes before my sixth meal I take three ZMA.

I have never encountered any issues with this and have honestly not been sick once since I started in October 2008.

Christopher

Vitamins are over rated. There’s no evidence that they do anything for you if you don’t have a deficiency. I think one exception to this may be Vit. D. For that reason I take Cod Liver Oil as part of the total fish oil I take.

I think you get more bang for your buck if you put the buck toward Creatine, Rez-V and fish oil. They are proven to have a positive effect.

I take 1/2 a multi each day.