Multiple Low Rep Sets BDW. And Peri W/O Carbs

Hi Ct

1.I love best damm principles. However going to failure or using intensity techniques on the big lifts burns me out, can i instead do 5-8 sets of 3 at roughly 85% For the big lifts. This would still adhere to the principles of keeping coristol low?

1. Im a 2b i believe, so I assume i need carbs pre workout, I dont have any supplementd so what/how much would you recomend? I was thinking of having 40g from pineapple, then my largest carb meal right after training.

Thanks Ct.

Yes and not… this is strength-skill work and it is a good option. But I would use it in cycling fashion.

Phase 1
4 x 5 @ 70%

Phase 2
5 x 4 @ 75%

Phase 3
6 x 3 @ 80%

Phase 4
7 x 2 @ 85%

Each phase being 2-3 weeks long

Solid carbs before a workout wont work well. They are not absorbed fast enough (hard to time absorption properly), require energy to be digested which can interfere with workout performance and divert blood flow to the digestive system which reduces blood flow to the working muscles.

YES! This is it. Basically what I was trying to get BDW to do. Very intuitive, strength skill on a big lift. Followed by “accessory” done in more intensification method. Best of both worlds

DIPS when do you train? if it is morning (fasted), then you can just sip on a peri as you start your warmup. If after a few meals it shouldn’t matter (like have some fruit a a bana or two a few hours before your trianing) you’re good to go!

Thanks for the info

It’s not intuitive, you still need structure and a plan… especially not YOUR instinct because your instinct if to burn yourself out