T Nation

Multiple Attackers and a Pistol

Not sure if any of you have already seen this, so I thought I’d share. The beauty of this video is that you can look at it from a self-defence point of view from both the armed man and the two kids.

Wait, so what exactly happened?

Did the man hit their car? Their cars seem to be right next to one another, with the man’s car obviously at the rear of kids’ car.

From what the man says at the start, the kids apparently started the whole thing, and I wouldn’t doubt it given they look how aggressive and arrogant they appear (what with their friend filming the whole thing). But obviously the man chooses to start the actual fight by walking up to and either shoving the driver through the open door or punching him. Furthermore, the man sounds incredibly aggressive himself.

Then the kids fight back and overpower him. Then who appears to be his wife shows up with a small pistol.

But then the kicker is that the man deliberately aims the gun at the kids in spite of the fact that they beat a retreat the moment they saw the woman with the pistol.

Ultimately though, if this escalated anymore and the man fired, then it’s his ass on the line on just about any state laws. The kids were obviously no longer a threat, and yet the man deliberately aimed his pistol at them in a threatening manner. You cannot cite self-defense when everyone is running away from you.

What knows what might have happened had the woman not show up with the pistol. Maybe the kids would have beat the man to death. They certainly seemed capable of it. Who knows what might have happened if they didn’t run into their car the moment they saw the gun. The man seemed capable of pulling the trigger if he felt threatened enough.

But what I find the most interesting is the mindset of the kids to put that video online; youtube no less. Makes me dislike the kids with just that. I hate how everything is being put online nowadays. It ruins reputations, and this could easily ruin the man’s.

I feel bad for the man though. My gut tells me what the kids did something horribly wrong to start all this, and the way in which they attacked the man shows that they really weren’t pulling any punches.

[quote]magick wrote:
I feel bad for the man though. My gut tells me what the kids did something horribly wrong to start all this, and the way in which they attacked the man shows that they really weren’t pulling any punches.[/quote]

Yeah because it requires balls and manliness to go punch kids and threaten them with guns… Hillbillies.

[quote]magick wrote:
Wait, so what exactly happened?

Did the man hit their car? Their cars seem to be right next to one another, with the man’s car obviously at the rear of kids’ car.

From what the man says at the start, the kids apparently started the whole thing, and I wouldn’t doubt it given they look how aggressive and arrogant they appear (what with their friend filming the whole thing). But obviously the man chooses to start the actual fight by walking up to and either shoving the driver through the open door or punching him. Furthermore, the man sounds incredibly aggressive himself.

Then the kids fight back and overpower him. Then who appears to be his wife shows up with a small pistol.

But then the kicker is that the man deliberately aims the gun at the kids in spite of the fact that they beat a retreat the moment they saw the woman with the pistol.

Ultimately though, if this escalated anymore and the man fired, then it’s his ass on the line on just about any state laws. The kids were obviously no longer a threat, and yet the man deliberately aimed his pistol at them in a threatening manner. You cannot cite self-defense when everyone is running away from you.

What knows what might have happened had the woman not show up with the pistol. Maybe the kids would have beat the man to death. They certainly seemed capable of it. Who knows what might have happened if they didn’t run into their car the moment they saw the gun. The man seemed capable of pulling the trigger if he felt threatened enough.

But what I find the most interesting is the mindset of the kids to put that video online; youtube no less. Makes me dislike the kids with just that. I hate how everything is being put online nowadays. It ruins reputations, and this could easily ruin the man’s.

I feel bad for the man though. My gut tells me what the kids did something horribly wrong to start all this, and the way in which they attacked the man shows that they really weren’t pulling any punches.[/quote]

I see it a bit different. We obviously don’t know exactly what happened but the man came to the kids bitching about them trying to run them off the road. Well he in fact commited a felony at that point, at least in TN. Then he punched or shoved one of them starting the whole thing and he got his ass beat and then after they let him up he comes up with a gun?

I have been in the position of these kids more than once and I see road rage people weekly here. The dude seems very arrogant so it is highly possible that he cut the kids off or attempted to and they brake checked him or something along those lines and BAM he is pissed and wants to beat them up.

I have had a guy in front of me get out of his car at a stop sign and come back screaming and yelling at me while it looked like he was reaching for something. I immediatley came out of my car and defended myself because I did not want to get shot sitting in my car. Dude was pissed because I was tailgaiting him? LOL OK. You can never tell about people except most are crazy.

In this situation I feel the kids did what they had to do and two on one came out on top. I see the older guy as someone who has anger issues, thinks he is super smart and tough yet devotes no time to working out or actually learning how to fight somebody. As far as why or who was filiming I don’t know but with cameras on every cell phone as soon as something start to look shakey people turn them on and capture the situation.

As the great philosopher Nas has said: “Don’t start none, won’t be none.”

Impossible to assess without knowing the whole back story, but if I was to go off this video I’d say he’s totally at fault - he’s guilty of assault, and making terroristic threats, and brandishing a firearm, and probably a host of other things.

It’s hard to prove self-defense when you get out of your car, you hit the other guy, then you lose the ensuing fight and they get back in their car so you COME BACK with a firearm. Honestly, he’s a prosecutor’s dream.

Stupid fuckin rednecks.

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:
As the great philosopher Nas has said: “Don’t start none, won’t be none.”[/quote]

LOL… Great quote Jim,explained the situation perfectly. What an idiot. The old phrase “cleaning out the gene pool” comes to mind…

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/newport-road-rage-suspect-shots-fired-video_n_2950918.html[/quote]

DAMN SON how right was I on those charges??

Now I just gotta learn degrees…

Something just doesn’t sit right with me here.

The guy may have anger issues. He seems to have so in the video and the fact that he fired shots even after he scared the kids away means that he should be in jail for at the very least assault, if not attempted murder.

That being said, I have no idea what happened earlier and the kids clearly give off a bad vibe themselves. My gut tells me that the kids would have had no trouble at all beating the man to death. Who would be in the wrong then? The kids obviously.

It’s disgusting that they posted this. Two on one is nothing for them to be proud of.

The guy is a total tard. His wife was just concerned about the health and safety of her husband. Yeah he started it but who knows how far the kids would have taken it if the gun hadn’t been in play.

[quote]magick wrote:

The guy may have anger issues. He seems to have so in the video and the fact that he fired shots even after he scared the kids away means that he should be in jail for at the very least assault, if not attempted murder.

That being said, I have no idea what happened earlier and the kids clearly give off a bad vibe themselves. My gut tells me that the kids would have had no trouble at all beating the man to death. Who would be in the wrong then? The kids obviously.
[/quote]

Very unlikely that kids beat to death a man who comes and punches one. They just try to shut up him and nullify the threat. You never seen kids fight before? It’s not about killing someone 99.999% of the time. Besides, they stopped hitting him when he fell on the ground before they saw the gun.

Also, anyone who comes to the other and punches them while their sitting seatbelted is cowardly and should get a beating. Especially man vs small kid. The kids even punched like 100x times with their tiny arms and he merely got a small nosebleed.

Only reason the guy went to punch in the first place was because he was an impulsive asshole with a gun.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
It’s disgusting that they posted this. Two on one is nothing for them to be proud of.[/quote]

… I doubt that showboating was their primary motivation in posting this.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/newport-road-rage-suspect-shots-fired-video_n_2950918.html[/quote]

DAMN SON how right was I on those charges??

Now I just gotta learn degrees… [/quote]

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut?

Did anyone else notice the orientation of the road, and other homes? The landscaping and concrete makes me think he followed the young men back to a residence.

Did anyone else notice the orientation of the road, and other homes? The landscaping and concrete makes me think he followed the young men back to a residence.

[/quote]

Good spot.

This video is a shining example of 2 things: 1. how bad at violence most people are. 2. you never know when someone has a hidden weapon, so you could be winning right up to the point you suddenly find yourself dead. Not that this guy gave the kids much choice, but they should have driven off though as soon as he got out of the car.

[quote]magick wrote:

[/quote]

Right - but they didn’t. They stopped. So as soon as they stopped and returned to their car, he CAN’T renew his attack without being the aggressor. Especially with a gun.

This shouldn’t sit well with you. Cases like this are messy as hell, are full of technicalities and “what-if’s” and “But this happened JUST before the video started!”

But no matter what someone says or does, if you get out of that car and approach their window and hit them, good luck proving self-defense in any capacity.

Why does huffington post blow my computer up? I have never been able to read an article on that web
site.

Anybody care to give the breakdown of what happened to the guy?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Right - but they didn’t. They stopped. So as soon as they stopped and returned to their car, he CAN’T renew his attack without being the aggressor. Especially with a gun.

This shouldn’t sit well with you. Cases like this are messy as hell, are full of technicalities and “what-if’s” and “But this happened JUST before the video started!”

But no matter what someone says or does, if you get out of that car and approach their window and hit them, good luck proving self-defense in any capacity.[/quote]

Oh absolutely. Like I said in my first post, the man voided all claims of self-defense the moment he pointed the gun at the kids after they ran into the car. He deserves to face the full fury of the law.

[quote]NikH wrote:
Besides, they stopped hitting him when he fell on the ground before they saw the gun.[/quote]

I don’t think so. The kids hit the man onto the car and then to the ground. Then it’s clear that they saw the woman with the pistol and then began going backwards. Again, pure conjecture but I don’t think they would have stopped if they didn’t see the pistol.