Multi Sport: Need Strength & Size

I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem I have…

I am a freshman in highschool and I start on both the JV Football and Baseball teams. Both sports are have a spring, fall, and winter season. During the fall I stuck with football and during the spring I have to stick with baseball. Spring football is a mon, tues, thurs, fri split. Baseball is 2 days a week, normally wednesday and sunday.

Now here is the problem…I would go to both, but I am throwing and hitting 6 days a week. I am working out hard when I can, but not following a strict plan because I have to compensate for soreness in my arm. I need to gain weight but more importantly strength for football next year.

I started at linebacker while being as small as both the starting corners. I have no clue how to go about getting better, faster, and stronger than the people that are doing spring football, but I am willing to work ten times harder than them to make up for it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=667308

I’m a freshman too and just started this. I already see amazing strength, speed and weight gains. After basketball, I was 5’ 10" 120 Lbs. and now that the seasons out, I’ve hit about 140! I was so excited and I found that, I am actually damn strong!

Good Luck.
B

Westside is great, but I would recommend cutting back on the volume and during the time when you are practicing 6 days a week, only lift twice a week. One day upper ME and one day lower ME.

I would recomend utilizing some olympic lifts. Athletically, these lifts should be part of your core lifts.

The “catch” is that you have to learn how to perform them correctly. Perhaps a strength coach at your school could help you out.

You can get strong and big doing oly lifts which works out good with your goals.

Keep the volume low to reduce your fatigue in-season.