Mugabe's Winning the Election!

Also, it’s unrealistic to say, Africa would be better if nobody would have colonized it. This is like proclaiming the world would be better if men were just a bit nicer.

Just a fantasy.

Europe waged wars and enslaved people because they were able to. If Shaka would have had tanks, he’d enlarge his harem with european broads.

That said, I’m for increasing our foreign aid by 20 cent, but who shall fire the bullet?
Zimbabwe’s neighbours don’t give a damn.
The UN are too busy condemning Israel and hugging the quran. America’s Army is broke and Europe unwilling.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

I think you may be mistaking Europe for the US in that statement…the masses seem far more docile in the US.[/quote]

Are you serious? I look to Europe and I see people that spend most of their lives feeding the government machine or sucking at it’s teat and they do not even have the most basic rights of free speech, freedom to defend themselves etc.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

I think you may be mistaking Europe for the US in that statement…the masses seem far more docile in the US.

Are you serious? I look to Europe and I see people that spend most of their lives feeding the government machine or sucking at it’s teat and they do not even have the most basic rights of free speech, freedom to defend themselves etc.

[/quote]

Depends where you are in Europe. It seems that freedoms are evaporating most rapidly in England and the Scandinavian countries save for Denmark who has their middle finger set into the appropriate position.

Tribalism - a product of the people themselves, not European intervention. This is the same thing that makes the Arabs such a backward people.

[quote]
Second of all, Zimbabwe only really went to shit once they start trying to take back the white farmer’s land. I have friends there, I have been told this. Once that happened it all went to shit.[/quote]

This is another thing that can’t be blamed on Europe.

It’s important to remember that Zimbabwe is only a few decades out from apartheid rule and Mugabe was a major figure in bringing it to an end. The ultimate cause of this whole clusterfuck is that Mugabe was losing political support and decided as a politician to use the unsettled issues of race to stir up nationalist passions and as a cudgel against his opponents. Once the international (white Euro/US) criticism rolled in he was in a position to stir up fears of renewed imperialist threats to the freedom of blacks. These threats may seem ridiculous from our perspective but they still have salience to many there who remember how it was not long ago. Now that he has left Zimbabwe completely fucked the only option he has is to continue pushing this further, beating the drums of nationalism, defense of “veterans”, etc. The US and Europe have been notably quite wrt saber rattling for reason; it’s the one thing that will boost Mugabe’s domestic political strength.

This will end when he’s deposed by dissatisfied members of his regime or when his age (he’s 84) catches up to him.

[quote]pat wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

I think you may be mistaking Europe for the US in that statement…the masses seem far more docile in the US.

Depends where you are in Europe. It seems that freedoms are evaporating most rapidly in England and the Scandinavian countries save for Denmark who has their middle finger set into the appropriate position. [/quote]

Only some in Denmark because they realize how far it has gone. I hope it isn’t too late.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
pat wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:

Depends where you are in Europe. It seems that freedoms are evaporating most rapidly in England and the Scandinavian countries save for Denmark who has their middle finger set into the appropriate position.

Only some in Denmark because they realize how far it has gone. I hope it isn’t too late.[/quote]

This is the primary reason for my home gun manufacture thread. There are a lot of people in Europe interested in arming themselves for a variety of reasons.