Mugabe's Winning the Election!

Fair and square too…I am sure, that there are several of our foreign compatriots who will say the U.S. is just as bad or worse, but hey, fuck them! Anybody who thought that Mugabe was going to leave office prior to death was out of their minds. This guy is evil incarnate. May somebody pick his ass off soon.

Ridiculous that people still support this brutal tyrant. The general citizenry of Zimbabwe was likely better off under the previous regime, with all its warts and problems:

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Ridiculous that people still support this brutal tyrant. The general citizenry of Zimbabwe was likely better off under the previous regime, with all its warts and problems:

[/quote]

It’s funny that South Africa would support this monster, and still provide electricity for them, leaving it’s own people in the shit.

Mugabe is a Hitler and I cannot believe someone has not assasinated him yet.

A lot of African nations would have been better off if they had remained colonies, esp of the British. Most of the continent is reverting back into barbarism.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
A lot of African nations would have been better off if they had remained colonies, esp of the British. Most of the continent is reverting back into barbarism.[/quote]

No doubt about it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
A lot of African nations would have been better off if they had never been colonies, esp of the British.[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
A lot of African nations would have been better off if they had never been colonies, esp of the British.

Fixed that for you.
[/quote]

I take it you read ‘1984’ in your Junior English class, and decided to ‘update’ history?

“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed�??if all records told the same tale�??then the lie passed into history and became truth. ‘Who controls the past’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

• George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 3

"Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record.

All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary."

I suggest Zamyatin for the summer:

"All human activities are reduced to mathematical equations, or at least attempted to. For sexual intercourse, numbers (people) receive a booklet of pink coupons which they fill out with the other number they’d like to use on a certain day. Intercourse is the only time shades are allowed to be lowered. It’s believed pink coupons eliminate envy.

Every single moment in one’s life is directed by “The Table,” a precursor to Nineteen Eighty-Four’s telescreen. It is in every single residence, and directs their every waking instant. With it, every person eats the same way at the same time, wakes at the exact same time, goes to sleep at the exact same time, and works at the exact same time.

The only exception are two required “Free Hours” in which a Number might go out and stroll down a street, or work, or write a diary or the like. According to D-503, he is proud to think that someday there will be a society in which the Free Hours have been eliminated, and every single moment is catalogued and choreographed."

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
A lot of African nations would have been better off if they had never been colonies, esp of the British.

Fixed that for you.

I take it you read ‘1984’ in your Junior English class, and decided to ‘update’ history?

“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposedâ¿¿if all records told the same taleâ¿¿then the lie passed into history and became truth. ‘Who controls the past’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

"Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record.

All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary."

I suggest Zamyatin for the summer:

"All human activities are reduced to mathematical equations, or at least attempted to. For sexual intercourse, numbers (people) receive a booklet of pink coupons which they fill out with the other number they’d like to use on a certain day. Intercourse is the only time shades are allowed to be lowered. It’s believed pink coupons eliminate envy.

Every single moment in one’s life is directed by “The Table,” a precursor to Nineteen Eighty-Four’s telescreen. It is in every single residence, and directs their every waking instant. With it, every person eats the same way at the same time, wakes at the exact same time, goes to sleep at the exact same time, and works at the exact same time.

The only exception are two required “Free Hours” in which a Number might go out and stroll down a street, or work, or write a diary or the like. According to D-503, he is proud to think that someday there will be a society in which the Free Hours have been eliminated, and every single moment is catalogued and choreographed."

[/quote]

I find it interesting how strongly your views of the world are skewed by others fiction.

What I find interesting is this guy is chopping people’s hands off for being on the “wrong” side…Our media, is worried about whether McCain wears sunscreen or whether or not Obama smokes…Who fucking cares?

[quote]pat wrote:
What I find interesting is this guy is chopping people’s hands off for being on the “wrong” side…Our media, is worried about whether McCain wears sunscreen or whether or not Obama smokes…Who fucking cares?[/quote]

British media concerns themselves with what music is on Obama’s ipod.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2195421/What-is-on-Barack-Obama's-iPod.html

Almost as bad as the cookie recipe scandal.

@HH (I don’t feel like quoting a bunch of quotes) -

Plenty of uncolonized savage areas seemed to do fine after awhile. Places that were colonized and heavily controlled, however, have not done well historically. The looser control the colonies were under, the better the nation has tended to do after becoming free and independent. The colonies closest to Europe (Read - Africa) are doing a lot worse than Europe’s colonies across the ocean.

Coincidence is possible, but I think there is more to it than that.

And 1984 is one of my favorite ‘classics’ in the new sense of the word. No need to quote it. I’m not revising history, I’m guessing what the conditions might have been like if a different course of action had been taken.

The British once encountered one of those glorious native peoples, living in their purified state, in which the local king drank a yearly potion made from 6000 human hearts. They promptly killed him, as was just.

I bet the people in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) wish the British were back.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I bet the people in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) wish the British were back.[/quote]

They simply don’t want Mugabe to be there.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The British once encountered one of those glorious native peoples, living in their purified state, in which the local king drank a yearly potion made from 6000 human hearts. They promptly killed him, as was just.

It’s a bet you would lose.While Mugabe is a tinpot dictator and criminal of the highest order and the majority of Zimbabweans want him gone,that does not mean that they would accept British rule in his stead.

The British were not the ‘benevolent rulers’ you seem to have envisioned in your fantasy world.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

It’s a bet you would lose.While Mugabe is a tinpot dictator and criminal of the highest order and the majority of Zimbabweans want him gone,that does not mean that they would accept British rule in his stead.

The British were not the ‘benevolent rulers’ you seem to have envisioned in your fantasy world.[/quote]

Zimbabwe has the highest inflation rate in the world, and an unemployment rate of 85%. The ruler is about as close to Satan as a guy can get; only Saddam or Kim Jung-il ranks with him.

I think they’d love for the British to at least temporarily come back. Hell, call it by its real name, while they’re there (Rhodesia).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

The British were not the ‘benevolent rulers’ you seem to have envisioned in your fantasy world.

Zimbabwe has the highest inflation rate in the world, and an unemployment rate of 85%. The ruler is about as close to Satan as a guy can get; only Saddam or Kim Jung-il ranks with him.

I think they’d love for the British to at least temporarily come back. Hell, call it by its real name, while they’re there (Rhodesia).
[/quote]

And,pray tell,makes you think that they don’t just want him gone to be replaced by a democratically elected leader of their own choosing?

Your rampant Anglophilia is showing.Get it seen to…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Where in the fuck do you hear these myths? Do you believe Merlin helped Author retrieve Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake as well?

Africa had a large and sophisticated society, and profitable kingdoms. While they are partially responsible for fucking it all up (tribalism/slavery in the beginning) the majority of the blame for the fall of the African civilizations lies on its colonization.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

And,pray tell,makes you think that they don’t just want him gone to be replaced by a democratically elected leader of their own choosing?

[/quote]

It took centuries for the British to develop the concepts of equal justice and fair dealings. A government administered by people such as that would tend to be very fair and impartial.

The British were not in Africa long enough to instill these values in the people. Native leaders tend to think of what would be good FOR THEIR TRIBE and not for their country. They think first of plunder and how to get money from the World Bank, to deposit in their Swiss accounts.

If the British had stayed, I’d probably grant that African countries would be ready for independence sometime near the end of this century. Too bad for those poor folks that megapolitical events turned against them — they now revert back to their warring tribes, rape, and plunder (as in Darfur).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

It took centuries for the British to develop the concepts of equal justice and fair dealings. A government administered by people such as that would tend to be very fair and impartial.

The British were not in Africa long enough to instill these values in the people. Native leaders tend to think of what would be good FOR THEIR TRIBE and not for their country. They think first of plunder and how to get money from the World Bank, to deposit in their Swiss accounts.

If the British had stayed, I’d probably grant that African countries would be ready for independence sometime near the end of this century. Too bad for those poor folks that megapolitical events turned against them — they now revert back to their warring tribes, rape, and plunder (as in Darfur).
[/quote]

Just got time for a quick rebuff.Do you know who invented the concept of the concentration camp as it relates to the uprootment of entire nations?Systemic targeting of a whole civilian population?

That’s right,it’s a British creation.Anglo-Boer war,1899-1902.

That whole fair dealing and equal justice thing must have been in abeyance at that time ,I guess…

Guys, if you are looking for countries to liberate… here’s one with a voting population that is just itching for democracy.

How about throwing them a bone?

On a related note, I saw that Bush is asking for sanctions and so forth, which is a good step.