Mudriver's Log

Oh wow I can’t believe I’m doing this infront of thousands of online strangers, but it’s the only way I see how I can get help from everyone. Please suggest a workout routine and nutritional plan for my current state. All advice would be muchly apreciated.

my current Beginner’s thread is: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness

for anyone wanting to know my information.

Buy Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald. Hands down the fastest and easiest (with will power) way to lose fat and maintain muscle mass.

www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

I read you aren’t ready for the gym yet. Focus on fat loss that can be achieved through diet and NEPA (non exercise physical activity). It’s summer so go outside for plenty of walks, do bodyweight exercises like squats, lunges, assisted pushups, shadowbox, jumping jacks, etc.

Remember, even the most advanced guys only spend ~5-8% of each week pounding the iron while the biggest progress is made in the kitchen and restaurants!

Okay well I was thinking, go out for a morning jog before anything in the morning for half an hour, follow it by a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of water for breakfest with a multivitamin and flax/fish oils. Do this followed by a good 3,000 calorie diet, and then have a mid-day workout consisting of squats, deadlifts, all those full body exercises. Any input?

3,000 calories a day is way too many. It’s time to get serious. You’ve indulged too much for too long dude. Buy the e-book, follow the instructions, and you’ll be absolutely amazed with the results. If you need to keep your carbs (oatmeal) and fats, make sure your calories are set lower. You want results don’t you? Nothing comes easy in the world of body transformations so you might as well punish yourself and dive in full bore.

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
3,000 calories a day is way too many. It’s time to get serious. You’ve indulged too much for too long dude. Buy the e-book, follow the instructions, and you’ll be absolutely amazed with the results. If you need to keep your carbs (oatmeal) and fats, make sure your calories are set lower. You want results don’t you? Nothing comes easy in the world of body transformations so you might as well punish yourself and dive in full bore.[/quote]

Whilst I agree that body transformations are tough, I disagree that he needs to go in full bore to start with. The guy is 274 pounds he has at least 75 pounds to lose and it will take him at least 12 months. Simply by changing to better quality food and increasing his physical activity, even at 3000 calories, will result in weightloss to begin with. He should spend the first month or two learning how to eat better and plan physical activity around his life.

He should only worry about getting more technical and implementing a proper nutrition plan with calories and macros when good food and regular exercise stops working.

I would take the 7 habits of John Berardi and implement at least 1 a week until all seven are second nature and do 1 hour of exercise 3 times a week, then stick with that until weightloss plateaus, then look in to a more technical plan. Fat loss only gets truely hard when its just the last few pounds, at the moment for this guy anything will work.