T Nation

Mud Run Contamination

Someone at work was talking about one of those "tough mudder" things and I recalled reading this hilarious news clip.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/thousand-people-sick-mud-run-contaminated-poop/1096399/

Just one reason why I don't like those events.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Someone at work was talking about one of those “tough mudder” things and I recalled reading this hilarious news clip.

Just one reason why I don’t like those events. [/quote]

damn dirty French

Whaddya expect by participating in a shit sport?

[quote]CLUNK wrote:
Whaddya expect by participating in a shit sport?[/quote]

dear crossfitters, and people who think obstacle courses are “sports”

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

you should’ve ended this with :wocka wocka:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

you should’ve ended this with :wocka wocka:[/quote]

LOL! True!

To be honest I would never be comfortable running through mud or anything with so many people in close proximity. I recall there was a strongman event once where the competitor had to carry this massive weight out of a pond and onto a platform though I couldn’t get info on the competition.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
To be honest I would never be comfortable running through mud or anything with so many people in close proximity. I recall there was a strongman event once where the competitor had to carry this massive weight out of a pond and onto a platform though I couldn’t get info on the competition.[/quote]

I think that was the 2012 or 2013 WSM. They were carrying Ironmind sandbags from what I recall. Looked cool.

On the topic of disease and sports, there’s always the classic tales of MRSA from stones in strongman, haha.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
To be honest I would never be comfortable running through mud or anything with so many people in close proximity. I recall there was a strongman event once where the competitor had to carry this massive weight out of a pond and onto a platform though I couldn’t get info on the competition.[/quote]

I think that was the 2012 or 2013 WSM. They were carrying Ironmind sandbags from what I recall. Looked cool.

On the topic of disease and sports, there’s always the classic tales of MRSA from stones in strongman, haha. [/quote]

I can see how but I don’t know anyone who has gotten sick from them. It is pretty common to bleed on the stones. A few of ours have blood stains.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

On the topic of disease and sports, there’s always the classic tales of MRSA from stones in strongman, haha. [/quote]

I can see how but I don’t know anyone who has gotten sick from them. It is pretty common to bleed on the stones. A few of ours have blood stains.
[/quote]

Jesse Marunde came down with it off the top of my head. Not sure of any big names otherwise. I’ve known of guys at small shows. Usually it’s more something that happens in a training group versus the contest itself.

Shit and sport do not mix. At least not without sacrificing some integrity.

Unless you’re a long-distance marathon runner. Those people consider a mid-course diarrhea blast as a badge of honor.
No wonder they’re called “runners.”

Is the dailyelite real news? I assumed this was a joke.