Mucuna Pruriens, aka Velvet Bean

Does anybody here have experience with this supplement? Have been reading up on it as of late, and seems like their are quite a few studies that showed good results. One pubmed article is quoted as saying:

“Treatment with M. pruriens significantly improved T, LH, dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenaline levels in infertile men and reduced levels of FSH and PRL.”

Although the study was done with infertile men, I’m sure it would also have an effect on people with below average T levels. Hopefully a few people on here have given it a go and could share their results.

I took it once in a discontinued product called z-mass pm. it was the Mucuna Pruriens ZMA and 4-hydroxyisoleucine. I took it once and I had the most INSANE dreams of my life!!

I literally could not physically wake myself up (I wanted to because I was having nightmares). So I finally woke up and and went to the cupboard and grabbed the product and filled it with water (so I wouldn’t try to go back and get it) and threw it away. HAHA!

Now I wish i didn’t do that, but it was crazy. I take ZMA and 4-hydroxyisoleucine on its own so I think it was the Mucuna that did me in. Now this makes me want more to really see if it was that that caused it. The dreams were like I was tripping on acid.

Dried leaves of Mucuna pruriens are sometimes smoked.[1]

Mucuna pruriens has also recently become popular among lucid dreaming enthusiasts: when combined with other supplements that stimulate the cholinergic system, the dopamine presumably produced from the consumption of Mucuna pruriens confers upon the lucid dreamer greater motivation and confidence.