T Nation

Muay Thai Trainers In Houston

Hey, whats up guys? I have been really interested in learning how to kick some ass the last couple years and everyone I have questioned about which martial art is the best for “streetfights” tells me Muay Thai kickboxing. First of all, is this the most effective style? and 2.) Does anyone know of any trainers in Houston?

I already tried to google with no real luck. Thanks!

Urban jungle off of Yale in the heights would be a good bet. There are quite a few places that’ll be what you’re looking for, but with the rise in popularity of mma ther’s been an even steadier rise in paying for it.

If you want to learn how to defend yourself in a streetfight, I'd suggest you learn how to box. Nothing ends a fight faster than a crisp, hard punch to the face.

http://www.elite-martial-arts.com/schedule.htm

This place is advertised on Spike during the UFC. Guy Metzger does the commercials, although I don’t know if he is affiliated with them.

They have Muay Thai,BJJ and boxing.

[quote]Houston07 wrote:
Hey, whats up guys? I have been really interested in learning how to kick some ass the last couple years[/quote]

And for the past two couple of years you’ve done nothing about it except wonder?

Some of you people truly crack me up.

No one style can do everything the best. Muay Thai is awsome, but get some BJJ or Sambo or something for grappling too. It’s good that you’re taking steps to accomplish your goals.

This school teaches both Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and the instructor is an experienced fighter. While some instructors claim to teach Muay Thai, very few have themselves fought in the ring and have trained other to do so - This real fighting experience can benefit a student greatly I think.

that elite mma place is from what ive heard as pretty bad ass. I havent heard much about their muay thai, but my friends who trained there have nothing but good things to say about it. Over 300 members, always really clean, their head instructor there, Eric, was the second american after bj penn to win the world championships of brazilian jiu jitsu.

[quote]titopuente wrote:
that elite mma place is from what ive heard as pretty bad ass. I havent heard much about their muay thai, but my friends who trained there have nothing but good things to say about it. Over 300 members, always really clean, their head instructor there, Eric, was the second american after bj penn to win the world championships of brazilian jiu jitsu. [/quote]

I know someone who trains there. Oh, wait, me.

I trained there for two years. They are great for BJJ. I haven’t trained for two months, though :(. I will most likely go back again.

Also, check out Saul Soliz’s gym.

There is:
Urban Jungle
Bushi Ban
Mousel’s

www.txmma.com