Muay Thai in Thailand?

I really want to go train muay thai in thailand for 6 months or so. ill wait til whatever is going on over there is over of course. has anyine on here trained in thailand? any suggestions on how to go about it? YES i am interested in muay thai because of the movies Ong Bak and The Protector. sorry.
also i am thinking of training here before i go over. any suggestions on schools in the SF bay area?

thank you

Look up Phill on here. He’s the man when it comes to Thailand.

I think it would be a good idea to train here for a while, if you have never trained Muay Thai.

Look up “muay Thai” and muay Thai training" on youtube to see waht your in for.

Most camps you’ll train twice a day, with 2 runs. Work on your conditioning.

Good luck, it would be a blast. After Thailand, maybe check some of the gyms in Holland. Although more expensive than Thailand, you could really learn the craft.

Don’t be ashamed of being interested because of a movie, I got into combat sports just because I was tired of being a pussy. I would suggest training here some before you go to at least familiarize yourself with the art, there should be some places in your area. If I’m not mistaken there’s a Fairtex camp out that way.

Also, I recently read that Thailand has changed the way it’s Visas can be renewed, I think your longest stay just for fun/training MT would be 90 days. You get a 30 day pass that can be renewed three times now, rather than indefinitely like before. You might check into that further as well.

[quote]BJBliffert wrote:

Good luck, it would be a blast. After Thailand, maybe check some of the gyms in Holland. Although more expensive than Thailand, you could really learn the craft.[/quote]

Yeah, spending some time in both Thailand and Holland are definetely on my “to do” list. Holland is damn expensive though, so Thailand it will be.

I’m Leaving for 2 1/2 months tomorrow! Wish me luck! If anyone has any recomendations on where i should go train MuayThai I’d appreciate it greatly.

OR if you have any recomedations on things to do over the next 75 days in Thailand.

Yes you both and everyone go if you have the means.

here this may help a bit goofy little interview I did.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1278491

Then do a search for the Thialand, Pattya Reporter Thread in the photo setion I kept a blog type thing the 6 months I was there.

spent plenty of time around Maut Thia. The last 3 moths I lived at a camp. The Lanna Mauy Thai in Chaing Mai. If your serious about your training go there, sure go to Bangkok and thailand frist for a few weeks and live it up. But then go to Chaing Mai still a lot to do btu training is serious and a different environment. I will go back

Check out that thread and if you have any questions dont hesitate. ill help all I can.

Phill

[quote]cesliwakan wrote:
I’m Leaving for 2 1/2 months tomorrow! Wish me luck! If anyone has any recomendations on where i should go train MuayThai I’d appreciate it greatly.

OR if you have any recomedations on things to do over the next 75 days in Thailand.[/quote]

Hey good luck mate you’ll have a ball!

I spent 2 months in Thailand and you are going at a good time climate wise cos its the dry season. I went between may and august and i was sweating my bollocks off the whole time.

I had a fun night out in the Mandalay in Chiang Mai. Lots of ladyboys but the girls in there where a blast and we even got a bought a bottle of whiskey. Lots of trekking to be done up there too.

You have to check out Ko phi phi in the south as well. If you go up to the viewpoint it will take your breath away.

Of course, Bangkok is a lot of fun and a a bit chaotic.

Anyway i could go on and on cos i loved the place.

One last thing…if you get sunburned or cut or anything get some anitseptic and some air con on it quick! I got a fucking horrible skin infection on my back when i was in Ko Phagnan after being sunburned. Because i didnt stamp it down early, the humidity just made it worse and worse and my skin didn’t fully clear up for months.