MTV Made: Powerlifting with Jonnie Jackson

Fun to watch

http://www.mtv.com/videos/made-seasonn-11-ep-7-powerlifter/1651367/playlist.jhtml

That was pretty cool.

I watched it. Only because there was an EFS shirt at the beginning though. It turned out to be pretty good. I don’t get why they skipped the squatz though?

Impressive double bodyweight deadlift too. And only after 45 days or so.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
I don’t get why they skipped the squatz though?
[/quote]

It was probably a push/pull meet.

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
I don’t get why they skipped the squatz though?
[/quote]

It was probably a push/pull meet.[/quote]

Ah, yes. I should have thought of that. Thanks

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Impressive double bodyweight deadlift too. And only after 45 days or so. [/quote]

WTF?! I really wanna watch it now but 'cos for some reason I need to be in the states to watch it

He seems a lot less girly by the end of this. Pretty cool episode

[quote]chazdaman wrote:
He seems a lot less girly by the end of this. Pretty cool episode[/quote]

He was trembling and getting all shaky voiced just thinking about going into the weightroom. Afterwards, he walked in like he belonged there, which he did.

That was good stuff.

For a beggining lifter he could have got like 275 I think in the deadlift. You see how easy he got 250? Most lifters dont have that coordination. I bet if he got stronger he could get 315 in no time and 405 after a good amount time lifting and eating.

kind of a cool episode…his deadlift was all back, his ass shot right up…But good for him. I hope that it changes his life for the better. I wonder how he’s doing now.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
I watched it. Only because there was an EFS shirt at the beginning though. It turned out to be pretty good. I don’t get why they skipped the squatz though?

Impressive double bodyweight deadlift too. And only after 45 days or so. [/quote]

That was EFS Sponsored lifter Josh Byrant

Yep, Josh is a great fellow.

This was my favorite made episode to date. He was afraid , but pushed through without the standard bitchy whinyness most show. He should be proud of himself.

I thought this was the best MADE episode they had. It was really cool to see how strong he got in just 45 days.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:

That was EFS Sponsored lifter Josh Byrant[/quote]

I would take a mans life to be coached by Josh Bryant or Johnnie Jackson.

Can’t watch it from the UK :frowning:

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
Can’t watch it from the UK :([/quote]

Ditto from Canada. I checked MTV Canada, this episode isn’t there.

Was anyone else impressed with how kind and intelligent Johnnie Jackson came off? I was just glad they didn’t portray him as being a meathead and he didn’t represent himself as one.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
Was anyone else impressed with how kind and intelligent Johnnie Jackson came off? I was just glad they didn’t portray him as being a meathead and he didn’t represent himself as one.[/quote]

Agreed, he was a great representative of the weight culture. I’ve always followed the idea, if you put out the effort, I will never denigrate your lifting. You whine, slack off, and refuse to try to improve, you’re fair game for abuse. I don’t like my time wasted.

I’ll help anyone who makes the effort.

Was anyone else impressed with how kind and intelligent Johnnie Jackson came off? I was just glad they didn’t portray him as being a meathead and he didn’t represent himself as one.[/quote]

Ditto. I was glad to see it was more than just “I’m going to speak in monosyllabic sentences and tell you what to do.”

Yeah, Johnnie seems like a really nice guy. I think there was definitely a fine line to walk getting that kid comfortable but not destroying him socially.

What was Josh Bryant doing there? Is he a coach at the school or what?