msnbc

anyone catch this program on msnbc tonight? it profiled three aspiring female bodybuilders and the road to the national competitions in new york…it was pretty interesting, but i gotta say, it was all too obvious that 2 of the 3 chicks were totally juicin HARD…not that there’s anything wrong with that, but their appearances were like, otherworldly…

missed that particular one… but have seen many like it. did the ladies (and i use the term loosely) have jaws wider than their shoulders? that has got to be one of the strangest looking things in the world…

The only National Level competition I can think of in New York is the Team Universe. Which is the National Level DRUG tested contest. Is that what they were getting ready for? I qualified/competed in it in ‘95. Middleweights. I looked like shit too - cuz I did the carb deplete/load thing AND spend many, many (WAY TOO many) hours walking about Chicago (that’s where it was that year). Looked flat. Anywhoos, I’m just bitchin’ about myself and how stooopid I was then. BUT, in my class there were SEVERAL women that had voices so BARITONE that I had to keep looking twice to make sure they were women…National level contests are SO surreal…

TEAM U only claims to be natrual and the top five are natrual… But I know that at least on the men’s sided of few of them that took their weight class were not and come one that bantam weight that won the whole show including the over all in I think 1999 Marvin Ward sure was hell not natrural… Or is he??? Yeh right…

there was one fairly young (25 and kinda cute) white chick, one older (like 35+) white woman, and a youngish (30) black woman…the women had lost any semblence of breasts, completely replaced by pecs that u could crack walnuts on, and both had noticeably large, not insanely large jaws…honestly, they didnt need to rock bikini tops during the competition cuz there was no estrogen to speak of in those “ladies”…it was the national’s in new york, but im not sure which they were…but considering the black woman won (she was dEFINATELY geared up) i find it hard to believe that it was an all-natural competition.

Well, just cuz the Team Universe is drug tested and the competitors pass the test, does not mean it’s a “natural” show.

Another thing to think about: were these women NPC affiliated? Check out www.getbig.com - you can see the NPC national level contests listed there. I'm kinda bummed that I missed this show. Hey, I wonder if I can see some of it on msnbc.com?

Oh, and "older" is 35 up? I'm 36 - so, I'm "older" now?! Or does this just mean that I gotta behave more "adult-like" now? he he he

hahh i simply meant “older” in comparison to the other two contestants…as for it rerunning on msnbc, i checked the listings and i don’t think they have any plans to…i think the show is called “profiler” and each week they just investigate some interesting issue that doesn’t get much news coverage