T Nation

MSNBC Drops Olbermann, Matthews

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090800008_pf.html

Finally.

Looks like just for the race coverage. I got excited and thought it was for good. Matthews can be entertaining at times but Olbermann is a complete duesch. I wonder what his ratings look like.

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. Good on the DNCTV (MSNBC).

I wonder how Olby took it? If it were me that had to break the news to him, I would have several big security guards around me. Olby has been looking like he is about 3 seconds from totally losing his shit and going bonkers-bat-shit-crazy.

I gurantee you he is blaming this all on Bush, in fact, he proabably has a big poster of the president in his living room and is shouting nasty insults at it while he is naked.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
I gurantee you he is blaming this all on Bush, in fact, he proabably has a big poster of the president in his living room and is shouting nasty insults at it while he is naked.[/quote]

Oh. Fuck. You.

Surge. All over my jeans.

I gotta stop going on T-Nation post-workout -_-

Olbermann was great on SportsCenter. Too bad he’s such a douchebag now.

I don’t mind Matthews so much.

So they replace them with David Gregory???

Yeah, he’s fair. Are you kidding me?

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
So they replace them with David Gregory???

Yeah, he’s fair. Are you kidding me?[/quote]

I caught Gregory interviewing David Broder last night and he seemed almost reasonable by comparison to the other two. No doubt on his best behavior … for a while …

Both were too biased to be doing convention “coverage” (as opposed to commentary). But at least Matthews is respectable, smart, relatively fair and is as knowledgeable on the inner workings of American politics as anyone on the face of the planet, so his input is almost always at least useful.

But Olberman is just utterly horrible in every way. He’s just like a sniping, amateurish radio show host.

I had always thought that MSNBC was right leaning, what with Tucker and Buchanan on there. They gave Ron Paul almost daily coverage in the run-up to the primaries.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
I had always thought that MSNBC was right leaning, what with Tucker and Buchanan on there. They gave Ron Paul almost daily coverage in the run-up to the primaries.[/quote]

Because they saw hm as potentially damaging to the Republican, same reason they put Buchanan on.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:
I had always thought that MSNBC was right leaning, what with Tucker and Buchanan on there. They gave Ron Paul almost daily coverage in the run-up to the primaries.

Because they saw hm as potentially damaging to the Republican, same reason they put Buchanan on.[/quote]

Ah, makes sense.

Tucker and Buchanan are both conservative but they are not “party line” GOPers.