MS Office 2007 (Vista)

Who fucking cares?

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
Try this in Excel 2007:

1. Put “=850*77.1” in to a cell without the quotes.
  2. Put “=A1*2” in the next cell
  3. WTFBBQKTHXBAI?[/quote]

I hate you. i just spent 10 minutes retyping it over and over until I realized this comp is an older version. I’ll try it on my other comp.

I’m not rationalizing anything, I love the fact that I can go on the internet and take shit for free, it makes me happy knowing that I am getting around the system and saving money. Like I said earlier, 99.9% of people out there agree with me.

You’re probably still mad that you went out and paid for your copy and wondering how can he live with himself. In my mind, something as ridiculous as “software” does not exist. It is a line of code, words and numbers put into a program with an end result being a different program. How can you steal something that doesn’t exist?

Ever connect to a wireless internet connection that wasn’t yours and didn’t require a network key? That’s stealing. The only people rationalizing anything are you pussies out there that are too chicken shit to not follow made up “rules.”

On a side note, MS office used to come bundled with windows, it was the courts that decided this was infringing upon other company’s rights to enter and compete in a specific market. This gives me even more of a reason to take the program without paying.

Eat shit.

You know I have a hard time picking a side here. Every single piece of software on my computer is a pirated version, even the OS. But I still think it’s wrong to steal it. I guess I’m a hypocrite.

Regardless- to the idiot who said “keep justifying it until you get caught”… I had to laugh at that. There are more 10X as many people in the US downloading illegal software right now than there are spots in prison or lawyers to try cases. If you really think there is even a remote chance of getting caught you’re more naive than you think.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You know I have a hard time picking a side here. Every single piece of software on my computer is a pirated version, even the OS. But I still think it’s wrong to steal it. I guess I’m a hypocrite.

Regardless- to the idiot who said “keep justifying it until you get caught”… I had to laugh at that. There are more 10X as many people in the US downloading illegal software right now than there are spots in prison or lawyers to try cases. If you really think there is even a remote chance of getting caught you’re more naive than you think.[/quote]

this entire thing was hilarious

Didn’t Columbus and other Spanish explorers take what didnt belong to them?

Yeah so stealing/getting free stuff online like music or software isnt killing anyone, its just not making people richer. This reminds me of an epsiode of Even Stephen from the Daily Show

Im with Jacked Diesel

[quote]sbarco66 wrote:

Yeah so stealing/getting free stuff online like music or software isnt killing anyone, its just not making people richer. This reminds me of an epsiode of Even Stephen from the Daily Show

Im with Jacked Diesel[/quote]

I make no distinction between killin people and stealing. Or speeding for that matter. They are all illegal.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
sbarco66 wrote:

Im with Jacked Diesel

I make no distinction between killin people and stealing. Or speeding for that matter. They are all illegal.[/quote]

If you’re going to use that ridiculous logic, then you probably also follow these laws as well, right?

In Georgia, it is illegal to say “Oh, Boy” In Jonesboro

In the state of Alabama it is illegal to play dominoes on sunday.

And for your own state, Illinois:

It is illegal to spit or fly a kite within the city limits of chicago.

“Dwarf-tossing,” the strange practice of hurling dwarfs in padded suits, is outlawed in the bars of Springfield, Ill., because it’s dangerous and exploitative. The practice is apparently allowed elsewhere in town, with a special permit.

Champaign: One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

It is illegal to speak English. The officially recognized language is “American”.

A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts.

Fairfield: It is unlawful for “Negroes” to be within county boundaries from sundown to sunrise.

Illegal is illegal, what a great mentality.

Legality and morality are not mutually exclusive.

Legality is simply what a group of people have deemed not within the law…

Morality is a personal issue between one’s own self and there “jiminy cricket” type of thinking…

oh yea and Microsoft sucks but not as bad as apple…
Just ask someone who owns a iPHONE…

Someone already made the point but let me reiterate it in case you missed it: EVERYBODY here…and if you deny it, you’re a damn liar and don’t bother responding…every one of us has pirated either software, music, or copied movies we rented from the video store. Don’t waste our time if you claim otherwise because you’re a liar.

So we are all thieves. Big deal. There’s no victim- no satellite crime attendant. This is a TRUE victimless crime. Just like retailers who illegally bundle OEM versions of office suites with their machines, or SELL OEM operating systems. No victims. What about computer shows they have at hotels?

It’s sold out of the back of a truck and comes from unknown sources and a lot of it is bootleg made to look real. Who is the victim? The buyer who bought the fake and find out their serial number has already been blacklisted, or the guy who sold it to him?

Everybody rationalizes every day in a dozen ways. No one gets hurt when a kid gets a serial number to MS office 2007? NOBODY. Is he supposed to pay $600 to use the shit once or twice? Get real.
And to the idiot who says roids are different because you pay for them? Illegal is illegal moron.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
I knew some dumb piece of shit was going to respond saying ridiculous like illegal. My comment back was going to be the roids, why do you think the moderator didn’t keep this topic from getting posted asshole? It should be illegal for a corporation to charge 130 dollars for a piece of software that his university requires he has in order to type his term papers. Fucking moron, get out of your trailer. [/quote]

WHy is saying it’s illegal ridiculous? It is in fact illegal, right?

I wasn’t being a moral authority, I was just stating a fact that, believe it or not, some people don’t know/understand. Forgive me for being informative, I guess i’m a dumb piece of shit. :frowning:

I’m not rationalizing anything, I love the fact that I can go on the internet and take shit for free, it makes me happy knowing that I am getting around the system and saving money. Like I said earlier, 99.9% of people out there agree with me.
[/quote]

You can get stuff for free by going into the store and taking it, too. Do you do that?

Also, there is a free program that does that same thing Office does if you are interested in that… But maybe you just like telling all your buddies that you “stole from the man” and “aren’t going to pay for that crap!”

In my mind, something as ridiculous as “software” does not exist. It is a line of code, words and numbers put into a program with an end result being a different program. How can you steal something that doesn’t exist?
[/quote]

So in your mind something that you admit to being there (“a line of code, words and numbers put into a program with an end result being a different program”) doesn’t exist?

If it’s as easy as just putting a bunch of code, words and numbers into a program, why not just make your own? Hell, why don’t we all just make our own?

What you pay for when you buy software isn’t just that little CD/DVD you get in a fancy package. It’s the labor and R&D that went into making the product as well as any other overhead (equipment, utilities, etc…).

Ever connect to a wireless internet connection that wasn’t yours and didn’t require a network key? That’s stealing. The only people rationalizing anything are you pussies out there that are too chicken shit to not follow made up “rules.”
[/quote]

If Microsoft said, “Hey, come use our product for free for 3 months,” it wouldn’t be stealing. Much like if a coffee shop says, “Come use out internet connection while you’re here,” isn’t stealing.

On a side note, MS office used to come bundled with windows, it was the courts that decided this was infringing upon other company’s rights to enter and compete in a specific market. This gives me even more of a reason to take the program without paying.
[/quote]

Now this is a good point… Because the Courts said Microsoft could no longer bundle their products you’re screwing Microsoft!

Again, I wasn’t being any kind of Judge of Morality, I was just stating a fact.

Not everything thats Illegal should be illegal
Anything maybe, may have been, or may one day be illegal.

That really made no sense.
So Im going back and into the forums about lifting.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
I knew some dumb piece of shit was going to respond saying ridiculous like illegal. My comment back was going to be the roids, why do you think the moderator didn’t keep this topic from getting posted asshole? It should be illegal for a corporation to charge 130 dollars for a piece of software that his university requires he has in order to type his term papers. Fucking moron, get out of your trailer.

WHy is saying it’s illegal ridiculous? It is in fact illegal, right?

I wasn’t being a moral authority, I was just stating a fact that, believe it or not, some people don’t know/understand. Forgive me for being informative, I guess i’m a dumb piece of shit. :frowning:

Jacked Diesel wrote:

You can get stuff for free by going into the store and taking it, too. Do you do that?

Also, there is a free program that does that same thing Office does if you are interested in that… But maybe you just like telling all your buddies that you “stole from the man” and “aren’t going to pay for that crap!”

Jacked Diesel wrote:
In my mind, something as ridiculous as “software” does not exist. It is a line of code, words and numbers put into a program with an end result being a different program. How can you steal something that doesn’t exist?

So in your mind something that you admit to being there (“a line of code, words and numbers put into a program with an end result being a different program”) doesn’t exist?

If it’s as easy as just putting a bunch of code, words and numbers into a program, why not just make your own? Hell, why don’t we all just make our own?

What you pay for when you buy software isn’t just that little CD/DVD you get in a fancy package. It’s the labor and R&D that went into making the product as well as any other overhead (equipment, utilities, etc…).

Jacked Diesel wrote:

If Microsoft said, “Hey, come use our product for free for 3 months,” it wouldn’t be stealing. Much like if a coffee shop says, “Come use out internet connection while you’re here,” isn’t stealing.

Jacked Diesel wrote:

Now this is a good point… Because the Courts said Microsoft could no longer bundle their products you’re screwing Microsoft!

Again, I wasn’t being any kind of Judge of Morality, I was just stating a fact.[/quote]

you still haven’t stated any fact, all you have done is argued with my points.

I’ll reiterate that openoffice.org is F-R-E-E, and has basically full functionality and compatibility with MS Office.

“Software” doesnt exist? Thats the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. It takes years for these guys to sit behind their computers and type this stuff out, going back over and over and revising it… In the end you have a piece of intellectual property. They have a right to get paid for it. Dont kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Do I Pirate software? I do. I’m trying to buy more and more because I mainly pirated stuff back in high school and am now buying the newer versions, and I like to support companies that make things I like to use. For the most part I will buy software I like now a days because I dont scoop ice cream for a living, but a little “try before you buy” is always a nice thing.

And for the things I cant afford now adays there are plenty of free alternatives. AVG Antivirus comes to mind for a free alternative to norton/mcafee.

Maybe we should start a thread on this kind of free stuff.

I’m trying to buy more and more because I mainly pirated stuff back in high school and am now buying the newer versions, and I like to support companies that make things I like to use<<

Uh…uh…hold it there. You have several years to spend in the penitentiary before you go being straight man and support the developers. What, you think they will forgive your previous years of crime? NOT. Also, be prepared to work the next 20 years to pay off the fines you’ll have to pay- probably around 20-50,000$ per piece pirated PER instance , so let’s say you owe a conservative estimate of somewhere in the neighborhood of $500,000. Easy monthly payments, baby…

Then and ONLY then are you in the position to say people are doing wrong. By the time you get out of jail , their kids will be pirating photoshop cs20.

I like this thread it gave me a laugh.

I’m just shocked, I didn’t know that a good number of Jesus’s original apostles are members of this forum.

The fact of the matter is stealing on the internet is fun, making you jackasses shit your pants because people do steal shit on the internet is fun/hilarious. I have over a 200 gig hard drive and I will try and pack as much stolen shit on this fucking thing as possible. Good Day.

[quote]tveddy wrote:

I make no distinction between killin people and stealing. Or speeding for that matter. They are all illegal.[/quote]

Well, you aren’t going to make a very good criminal. Killing people successfully, without getting caught takes a lot more planning than stealing the neighbors lawnmower. That kind of lackadaisical attitude will get a man landed in prison.

For me, I like to evaluate potential crimes by order of punishment severity. I ask, how long will I go to jail for if caught for this? If it is less than a week, no planing is needed, just take it already. If it is from a week to six months, I at least look for escape routes. Six months to the death penalty requires a detailed operations order, properly encrypted of course. You can’t be too careful when it comes to protecting the cornhole.

USNS - I understand that I have done wrong in the past, and companies are not likely to forgive me, but just because I have done bad things in the past doesn’t mean I shouldn’t try and change for the better in the future. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to accept my money when I buy their new version, which I may not have done had I not pirated their software in the first place (like I said, try before you buy)

Jacked - I’m not religious, nor do you have to be to know that stealing is wrong. There are many things that are wrong/right that you dont need religion to tell you. I dont need a religion to tell me killing someone is wrong, or helping others when possible is good, do you?

I dont know how old you are, I’m guessing 18 judging by your “everyone owes ME” attitude, but maybe with age you will learn that stealing is not the way to go. Perhaps you will need to have some stuff stolen from you to realize this.

Of course this is one of those no-win debates where we will both hold to our guns, so there really is no point in making an argument in the first place. No one changes their mind because of the internet.

Someday, some of you will hopefully reach mature adulthood and realize what a wonderful thing intellectual property rights are.

Until that distant day however, I guess we will get to hear about how software doesn’t really exist because it’s just, like, words 'n shit.