T Nation

MRP Flavors (Met-Rx)

I got the extreme chocolate flavour Met-Rx MRP for x-mas and after trying it, I found that it was delicious. My quesion is this: are the vanilla and berry flavours just as good ?

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I got the extreme chocolate flavour MRP for x-mas and after trying it, I found that it was delicious. My quesion is this: are the vanilla and berry flavours just as good ?[/quote]

… What brand?

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I got the extreme chocolate flavour MRP for x-mas and after trying it, I found that it was delicious. My quesion is this: are the vanilla and berry flavours just as good ?

… What brand? [/quote]

Just what I was thinking…

MET-RX is the brand. If you would’ve read my initial post, you would’ve seen it.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
MET-RX is the brand. If you would’ve read my initial post, you would’ve seen it. [/quote]

I would have, had I not read it after you edited it.

Never used it before so I cant comment on it. Metabolic Drive whey is actually VERY good tasting, and if you mix it with a scoop of Grow! it becomes creamey AND economical.

I edited nothing. Someone else did and another mod graciously added back what was taken out.

I got the Berry Blast on discount for $6 bucks a box. Needless to say I bought all 6 boxes and was pretty surprised by the flavor. Pretty damn good. It had great taste synergy with fruit punch and grape creatines. Met-Rx is top notch in my book.

I wasn’t very impressed with the vanilla, and I’ve never tried the berry. I do agree the chocolate was pretty good.

If you can find it at a good price Met-Rx is decent, but usually it is just overpriced.

I got mine as a gift for 53.99 for the box. Which, in comparison to Metabolic Drive or Grow! plus shipping here to Canada, is still somewhat cheaper and I don’t have to wait. I was also looking at prices for another brand and Myoplex which were pretty much the same price at my local GNC and another supplement store I was checking out.

I am gonna check out another couple places to see if I can find it elsewhere for cheaper. If worse comes to worse, I will get some kind of milk and egg based protien and mix it with milk. I know the bars are somewhat cheaper but A) I hate the way 90% of them taste and B) I don’t like all the sugary crap in it.

I will check out online ordering of it from a Canadian supplment site, but with shipping I assume it will be almost the same price. I’d really like to purchase Grow! or Metabolic Drive, but again, it’s more money.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I got mine as a gift for 53.99 for the box. Which, in comparison to Metabolic Drive or Grow! plus shipping here to Canada, is still somewhat cheaper and I don’t have to wait. I was also looking at prices for another brand and Myoplex which were pretty much the same price at my local GNC and another supplement store I was checking out.

I am gonna check out another couple places to see if I can find it elsewhere for cheaper. If worse comes to worse, I will get some kind of milk and egg based protien and mix it with milk. I know the bars are somewhat cheaper but A) I hate the way 90% of them taste and B) I don’t like all the sugary crap in it.

I will check out online ordering of it from a Canadian supplment site, but with shipping I assume it will be almost the same price. I’d really like to purchase Grow! or Metabolic Drive, but again, it’s more money.[/quote]

A little over 50% of the protein in Metabolic Drive is micellar casein, the most elegant, high-tech protein available.

That’s not the case with any other MRP.

If Metaboilc Drive were sold on retail shelves, it would probably cost at least $70 a tub. Here, however, it’s $25.99 a tub.

[quote]TC wrote:
t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
I got mine as a gift for 53.99 for the box. Which, in comparison to Metabolic Drive or Grow! plus shipping here to Canada, is still somewhat cheaper and I don’t have to wait. I was also looking at prices for another brand and Myoplex which were pretty much the same price at my local GNC and another supplement store I was checking out.

I am gonna check out another couple places to see if I can find it elsewhere for cheaper. If worse comes to worse, I will get some kind of milk and egg based protien and mix it with milk. I know the bars are somewhat cheaper but A) I hate the way 90% of them taste and B) I don’t like all the sugary crap in it.

I will check out online ordering of it from a Canadian supplment site, but with shipping I assume it will be almost the same price. I’d really like to purchase Grow! or Metabolic Drive, but again, it’s more money.

A little over 50% of the protein in Metabolic Drive is micellar casein, the most elegant, high-tech protein available.

That’s not the case with any other MRP.

If Metaboilc Drive were sold on retail shelves, it would probably cost at least $70 a tub. Here, however, it’s $25.99 a tub.

[/quote]

Screw Met-Rx!

Senor TC, I acknowledge your superior product. I am just wondering how much standard (aka the cheapest shipping costs) will be to Canadia. I am looking at Metabolic Drive Complete. Can anyone help me out ? If I can get 30 servings in two containers for what I would pay for 20 of met-rx…you may have a convert.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
Senor TC, I acknowledge your superior product. I am just wondering how much standard (aka the cheapest shipping costs) will be to Canadia. I am looking at Metabolic Drive Complete. Can anyone help me out ? If I can get 30 servings in two containers for what I would pay for 20 of met-rx…you may have a convert. [/quote]

Just enter your order and address in the T-Nation store for shipping options and cost.

The vanilla is similar to the chocolate in that it tastes good, but is not real rich. If you liked the choclate, you will probably like the vanilla equally well.

[quote]TC wrote:
A little over 50% of the protein in Metabolic Drive is micellar casein, the most elegant, high-tech protein available.
[/quote]

I know the Metabolic Drive formula has changed a few times, but right now it lists whey as the first protein ingredient, ahead of micellar casein. If the casein content was greater than 50%, wouldn’t it necessarily be listed first?