Just Another Log

Yeah Nutty you’re really known for sticking to a plan for a long time.
I did SGSS too, those’s 8’s where really really tough.
I think I’ll do it again sometime, and by then plan it really good.

Good luck Nutty

2 Likes

Haha I figure with this program, I gotta REALLY make sure I eat to get the benefit from it. Otherwise not much will change. I’ll get stronger but if I don’t attack the eating part it’ll be hard to make the type of gains I want.

But funny enough an “eating plan” for me is way easier because I view food as fuel. I eat basically the same thing everyday unless I don’t prep or make dinner lol.

1 Like

Honestly- the dessert isn’t necessarily going to make you fat, but between the jelly and the lactose in the milk, it’s a bunch of sugar before bed and you’d be better off having a protein shake, or just a spoonful or two of peanut butter. One small thing like that can make a huge difference over time.

2 Likes

I can’t do protein shakes, but I’ve actually just had some sourdough with some hummus this past weekend. Felt great lol!

1 Like

SGSS - WEEK 2 - DAY 1

Back Squat
355x8
355x8
355x8

Front Squat
295x8
295x8
295x8

Deadlift
375x8
375x8
375x8

RDL
325x8
325x8
325x8

Farmers Walk (Trap Bar)
315 @ 60 meters (3 trips)

Notes
Doing 3 sets of each vs 5 was nice lol. Super-setted abs and jumps between everything. Feels good man! I use straps on the RDL cuz my hands were still toast from last week.

3 Likes

The ups and downs in volume really keep you going on this program. I would get smashed by the 5 x 8 day and then come back to the 3 x 8 day with more weight and feel great. It was like a mental deload only doing three sets.

1 Like

Yeah man I mean you are doing 8 more sets total on day 2’s lol. I wonder why it’s 3x8 and then 5x8 vs just going 4x8 each day. But CT has his reasons!

Have any of you followed this guy on IG? This guy squats everyday. Savage ass squats!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0890qg42t/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1s1l6azrj1dw7

1 Like

Damn, dude has some cannonballs for calves!

1 Like

Calves for days for sure, but check his other videos - that guys quads are something else.

@isdatnutty I never look at Instagram cause of how flashy shit gets, but this dude is all fuckin business with these heavy ass squats and sick depth, all with no wraps or belt. Crazy. I’m not surprised Carlton likes him, the guy looks like a young Uncle Phil.

1 Like

I always knew Uncle Phil could have crushed Will any time he felt like, this just confirms it.

2 Likes

One of the best episodes is when he saves Will’s ass at the pool hall by hustling the guys who hustled Will. After he loses the first game and goes in double or nothing,

“Geoffrey, break out Lucille.”

5 Likes

He also deadlifts in the 7s as well and benches 405 like it’s nothing. C3 is a bad dude for sure.

1 Like

I know it’s crazy. If I don’t wear shorts that are one inch above my knee caps you wouldn’t even be able to tell I squat. My calves suck lol.

Yeah man love his attitude about lifting. Dude has been squatting everyday for years now lol.

I love the fresh prince! You always knew Uncle Phil was not the one to fuck with!

LMAO, this shit was great! Uncle Phil is probably the most savage one of the show, but since he’s the family man he has to keep it calm sometimes lol.

Yeah savage ass lifter. I’ve never seen legs like that in my life lol.

1 Like

SGSS - WEEK 2 - DAY 2

OH PRESS (ss: Chin-Ups 5x10)
135x8
145x8
165 @ 3x8

BENCH PRESS (ss: BB Row - 265 @ 4x8)
205x8
225x8
255 @ 3x8

BB CURL
105 @ 4x12

CONDITION
10 Min KB Swings + Push Ups

Also one of the better articles I’ve read on T-Nation in a while!

2 Likes

I glanced through that today and being a program hopper has probably killed me. I typically don’t quit halfway through one, but I’ll change points of emphasis and nutrition several times a year.

1 Like

HOT YOGA
90 minutes

SGSS - WEEK 2 - DAY 3

Back Squat
355x8
355x8
355x8
355x8
355x8

Front Squat
295x8
295x8
295x8
295x8
295x8

Deadlift
375x8
375x8
375x8
375x8 (straps)
375x8 (straps)

RDL
325x8
325x8
325x8
325x8 (straps)
325x8 (straps)

Farmers Walk (Trap Bar)
315 @ 60 meters (3 trips)

Notes
I’m so tired lol. The 23 sets of heavy ass lifting was tough again! But wasn’t as bad as last week. You definitely have to EAT on this program to reap the benefits. I’ve been basically eating 6 cups of a rice, lots of organic sourdough bread, and chicken, fish, lamb, eggs. Veggies in all my meals.

9 Likes

Holy crap, that’s 54,000 lbs moved, before you even got to the farmer’s walks! You can legitimately say you lifted over 27 tons today.

1 Like

Haha that’s crazy to think about when you put it in those terms! The 5 set days suck straight up. I can’t imagine what the 5’s and 3’s weeks are going to feel like lol.

2 Likes