Mr.Popular: Fill Us In

I have no idea whats going on in this thread

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I have no idea whats going on in this thread[/quote]

I just hoping it spawns one in which we can fawn over u sexah.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I have no idea whats going on in this thread[/quote]

Your nuts. I am hugging them.

If I haven’t made it clear.

This thread was made for the purpose of a logical q&a reference for basic things about bodybuilding that newbies should know.

Even if the awnsers are extremely basic, it would just be a reference point to refer to when a newbie asks something like why cant I train full body , or why he should do curls for big biceps.

How unexpected! Blah blah blah! Down to business…

[quote]on edge wrote:
I remember Mr. Popular’s first few posts. He came across as a newbie to BB,[/quote]

What eeu said. 5 years ago when I first joined this site I was 16 years old and about as newb as it gets, so that is unsurprising.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
is there a link to the physique of Mr Popular? Never seen pics of him.[/quote]

A few years ago I posted in a thread showing the progress I’d made going from 130lbs to 180lbs in a year and a half… a front bicep shot or two around 200lbs when asked not long ago, and yeah I posted in the legs thread. I can post these again if anyone cares.

I am dieting right now, so what I will probably do is put some chunky pictures up in this thread (since any right-minded person will want to see that I lift weights before taking my advice)… and then later on post pictures of myself dieted down.

I’ll get to all the other questions and stuff shortly, I just wanted to pop in before this thread turned completely rotten, or before Bricknyce writes another essay that no one will read.

There were a couple of posts I read from this Popular dude when I started coming here where I thought this guy was as dumb as countingbeans but I’ve since realized I was wrong. No one is as dumb as beans. Don’t think he’s thread worthy though. I’d agree Bonez is more deserving.

[quote]knee-gro wrote:
There were a couple of posts I read from this Popular dude when I started coming here where I thought this guy was as dumb as countingbeans but I’ve since realized I was wrong. No one is as dumb as beans. Don’t think he’s thread worthy though. I’d agree Bonez is more deserving.[/quote]

c’mon dude, don’t start this, please.

Beans if you read this, let it go.

I <3 bonez.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]knee-gro wrote:
There were a couple of posts I read from this Popular dude when I started coming here where I thought this guy was as dumb as countingbeans but I’ve since realized I was wrong. No one is as dumb as beans. Don’t think he’s thread worthy though. I’d agree Bonez is more deserving.[/quote]

I <3 bonez.
[/quote]

It’s just what that poster does. I’m sure (also, hope) that this is the last comment regarding the matter.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/go_heavy_fool?id=1303224&pageNo=4

A little Tnation history right there ^

fuckin '10ers starting dumbass threads that dont deliver. (this thread, not the link)

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

No one cares what you think, youre a piece of shit.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

No one cares what you think, youre a piece of shit. [/quote]

[quote]thefederalist wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

[/quote]

ew gross

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

Plenty of people care about what I think, and I happen to think he ain’t all that. Don’t hate me because I owned you once.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

I <3 bonez.
[/quote]

It’s just what that poster does. I’m sure (also, hope) that this is the last comment regarding the matter.[/quote]

It is an embarrassment to this site that they allow a troll to portray Bruno Samora the way this ignorant douche has…

But, all told jealousy is a bitch and his e-worship of me makes me laugh.

[quote]knee-gro wrote:

Plenty of people care about what I think.

[/quote]

Judging by the distinct lack of threads entitled “Knee-Gro: Fill Us In”, I think not.

[quote]Elite0423 wrote:
1.) How should an aspiring newbie bodybuilder train? Split, rep range, exercises, everything.

[/quote]

Well obviously it kind of depends on your starting point.

For me personally, I was an athletic but very skinny kid when I first started lifting (pic attached of me before lifting), so that is something I feel that I can give advice on.

I really don’t give advice to fat people. Never been there.

But I think every newb should start by learning all of the basic freeweight exercises, and how to do them - both safely, and with the greatest concentration on the target muscle groups. Off the top of my head:
bench press, incline bench press, pullup, barbell row, back squat, front squat, barbell curl, barbell extension, military press, db side raise, stiff-leg deadlift, leg curl.

That really ought to get you going, and I think beginners should spend most of their time on those exercises (in their routine, as well as trying to perfect the technique in and out of the gym with help from others and resources like youtube and bodybuilding books/magazines).

Obviously you don’t have to limit yourself to just doing those exercises as a novice, but I will say that if you split them up into a 3-day routine, twice a week, you really wouldn’t be neglecting anything (barring problems with form).

The most important things I think beginners should take to heart is this:

1. Progressive overload, both of protein/calories and weight on the bar, is the most important driving force of progress in bodybuilding.

2. Good form actually IS important.

3. Bodybuilding is a set of skills just like any other sport, and just like any sport you have to realize that practice makes perfect. You need a lot of practice to be good at bodybuilding, so you guys that are lifting for 40 minutes 3 days a week really need to get your head in the game. Do not be afraid of overtraining.

If I were going to recommend a setup to a beginner, it would be something like chest&back, delts&arms, legs… or legs/push/pull… or chest&tris, back&bis, shoulders, legs…

3-4 sets per exercise, learning how to work up to the heaviest weight they can manage for an ordinary 8-12 reps.

I definitely would NOT recommend anything remotely like Starting Strength, or Stronglifts, or 5/3/1.

[quote]Elite0423 wrote:

2.) What should he be reading on the net or should he stay away from the inter-webs all together?

[/quote]

Honestly I think beginners would be very wise to avoid internet ARTICLES. I think that there are some incredibly useful resources online, such as youtube, bodyspace, and forums like T-Nation and others where experienced members are recognized and given a voice.

The key to learning the right stuff in bodybuilding, beyond trial and error and understanding your own body, is thinking critically about who you listen to. You don’t want to learn squat form from someone who looks like shit on youtube… you want to find a guy with great legs. You want to find out who the biggest and strongest guys are on forums like these, and read through their threads and previous posts (fortunately on this site we have the sticky I made for that exact purpose).

Bodyspace was a great help to me, because I was able to find guys that were my general height and structure, that had achieved what I want, and read through their posts and information to learn what they did to get there.

I will say, however, that what you find out isn’t likely to be anything wild or unusual.

What I have learned from watching others, above all, is that consistency is the only thing that works 100% of the time, for 100% of people.

If you aren’t consistent, you probably have nothing going for you.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/go_heavy_fool?id=1303224&pageNo=4

A little Tnation history right there ^

fuckin '10ers starting dumbass threads that dont deliver. (this thread, not the link)[/quote]

I remember that thread lol it was a little infuriating…

I had just began bodybuilding, and thought I was getting good advice from some guy, and was disappointed to find out he wasn’t who he claimed to be.

And then, for some reason, everyone decided to start saying I was him under a different name.

It made no sense then and it still doesn’t now, and I can honestly say that I’m baffled some people still think I could be this random dude who came and went years ago.

As far as not delivering… all I can do is post pictures of myself fully chunked up for now, and assume you all can tell that I lift weights.

Nice progress man. You definitely look the part.