Mr. Olympians and Olympic Lifts or Chin Ups?

So when can bodybuilders utilise these movements as part of their training programs?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
sijun wrote:
I seen videoes of ronnie coleman and jay culter. They dont use olympic lifts or chin up in their routine. They replace pull up with pull downs. Olympic lifts pump lots of test into the body from what i read.

I am curious to know why they dont do them.

because, despite what you might have read in an article, there are other effective ways to train that dont involve olympic lifts or chin ups.[/quote]

naaaaaaaaaaaaaah, there cant be

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
So when can bodybuilders utilise these movements as part of their training programs? [/quote]

Why would they need to?

Are some of you just forcing some of these movements in because someone told you to?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
So when can bodybuilders utilise these movements as part of their training programs?

Why would they need to?

Are some of you just forcing some of these movements in because someone told you to?[/quote]

x2 well said X, I think people get hung up on doing the latest thing without evaluating properly wether it will benefit them and THEIR training goals!

i went through my few month long phase of olympic lifts, and this lift, and that and then i was like this shit sucks.

I agree completely. Maybe if you’re lacking the strength and coordination to do most exercises correctly, then oly. lifts might serve you well. But in all truth, if your only goal is size, without function, then they’re not needed by any means.

[quote]Kromlic wrote:
I agree completely. Maybe if you’re lacking the strength and coordination to do most exercises correctly, then oly. lifts might serve you well. But in all truth, if your only goal is size, without function, then they’re not needed by any means.[/quote]

What? I train for size. I have “function”. I couldn’t give a flying shit about Olympic lifts.

Whoever started the use of this term needs to be shot in the ass with a sawed off.

[quote]Kromlic wrote:
I agree completely. Maybe if you’re lacking the strength and coordination to do most exercises correctly, then oly. lifts might serve you well. But in all truth, if your only goal is size, without function, then they’re not needed by any means.[/quote]

Define “function”

[quote]Kromlic wrote:

Doesn’t this sound a bit backwards to you? Have you ever done an Olmpic lift? I am not trying to be mean here but,Olympic lifts require a lot MORE coordination than say a deadlift or squat. They are more a relection of technique than a reflection of functional strength.

“Functional” refers to sport carry over but it is grossly overused! What sport are you required to perform something that looks REMTELY like an olympic lift? How is that a functional lift. Not many coaches IN THE WORLD use it as any sort of predictor lift? What did you mean by functional?

[quote]laroyal wrote:
Kromlic wrote:
I agree completely. Maybe if you’re lacking the strength and coordination to do most exercises correctly, then oly. lifts might serve you well. But in all truth, if your only goal is size, without function, then they’re not needed by any means.

Doesn’t this sound a bit backwards to you? Have you ever done an Olmpic lift? I am not trying to be mean here but,Olympic lifts require a lot MORE coordination than say a deadlift or squat. They are more a relection of technique than a reflection of functional strength.

“Functional” refers to sport carry over but it is grossly overused! What sport are you required to perform something that looks REMTELY like an olympic lift? How is that a functional lift. Not many coaches IN THE WORLD use it as any sort of predictor lift? What did you mean by functional?[/quote]

ive heard some people also refer functional to like how it can be used in everyday life am I right? but the thing with that is besides the deadlift what do you ever do in real life that you do exactly in the weightroom

When did people forget what “spelling” and “punctuation” were in this forum?