Mr Olympia 2016

BTW, I reckon they should start weighing the scoring on the front double biceps higher that the other poses. This is the most classic of poses IMO but aside from Roden and maybe Dex all the other guys look just weird and awkward in this pose.

Levrone JUST posted a video explaining injuries during his show. I recommend everyone go watch it, and I do 100% believe it’s legit. His YouTube is Levrone2000 and it’s the video titled “Kevin Levrone : Mr Olympia 2016.”

Han

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well that explains things a bit. Yeah hitting incline barbell for 4 plates over 50, let alone precontest probably wasnt his smartest move

I had some dark thoughts about Kevin the night of prejudging, felt like I had been duped, now after seeing the injury video, and his talk, I could not have more respect for him!

Btw I should add, for those who did not notice, the way Kevin was posing was not related to not knowing how to pose today, it would seem he knew he wasn’t going for #1, so he was just doing it to finish what he started.

Agreed that Bonac really looked fantastic, looking forward to seeing him evolve even further in the years to come.

Did anyone else notice Ced’s extreme poo-poo face when they announced his placing? He wasn’t even looking at the camera, smiling or displaying any kind of sportsmanship. I can certainly understand being disappointed, he was a seen as a serious contender coming in to the show and had a great competitive season overall, and has a fantastic physique. But acting like the way he did just seemed childish. You could see when Ramy was announced he was disappointed and shocked as well, but still displayed great sportsmanship.

Side note, pretty cool that CBS Sports will be broadcasting the content next year.

I hate when competitors do that. One show I did a while back, the guy who took 3rd did the roll your eyes, look up at the sky, scratch your head thing in utter disbelief and damn if it wasn’t so disrespectful to everyone else.

Ced is very respected and has a loyal following indeed. Behaving like that doesn’t help anything.

S

1 Like

Agreed, especially when considering the experience levels of the guys who beat him and how many times they’ve each been on the Olympia stage.

1 Like

Yep,dont know why he was suprised: Roelly and Ramy really turned up and pretty much brought their best ever packages.
Also Cedric has only himself to blame -just needs to come in with gnarly, super shredded conditioning(has he ever?) and he would jump over most of those guys ahead

Here’s the classic bodybuilding mr Olympia, bringing back aesthetics to the sport -lol

S