Mr Olympia 2016

Just need to continue carb loading.
And of course…don’t spill over.

I’ve seen pics of clothed Phil. From his arms (all I’ve seen), his skin looks really paper thin. I think Phil brought it, but we will see.

Unfortunately, I really don’t think a good carb up is going to get Kevin here:

1 Like

Yeah just saw these. The arms dont have the thickness and sweep you see in the front. The upper back is missing density and fullness and details and whilst it doesn’t look like he has much fat in the lower back, the skin does look like that of a 50+ year old guy.

I just got done watching all of Luimarco’s updates on youtube from yesterday with all these pictures and videos.

Levrone looks awesome…but I don’t think it’s going to be awesome enough for the win. Top 5? Cedric, though…damn…better than his showing at the Arnold, IMO. We’ll see how high he places…

I’ll tell everyone this though: I’m the MOST interested in the Classic Physique division. This Olympia sets the standard for how those bodybuilders will look in the future…I think the field is interesting. I have my fingers crossed for Arash Rahbar.

He has bicep peaks where his abs should be.

1 Like

Not sure if you guys saw the back shots from the press conference, I agree with @tsantos Kevin’s back is lacking the fullness and details. He looks hard no doubt and conditioning is very on point, but I don’t see him in the top 5.

2 Likes

Mark Dugdale representing!

2 Likes

not sure I’m allowed to post this photo so apologies mods if that’s the case

how cool is that?

1 Like

Wow looks rediculous right there next to a top tier bber in his prime, even though ced is standing sideways. I really doubted he could look like THAT.

2 Likes

I know, right? I mean obviously I doubt that anyone here really thinks he has a chance of winning, but to see him go toe-to-toe with the current crop of top level guys and hold his own is pretty fucking astounding.

2 Likes

I love levrone but I can’t see him placing in the top 5 no matter how nostalgic we’re all feeling.

Let’s look at who should place ahead of Kevin, obviously this is sight unseen of course.

Phil
Dexter (my choice for the upset)
Rhoden
Roelly (judges don’t seem to mind his gut)
Victor (seriously looked crazy at his recent pro win!)
Ramy (judges don’t mind his lack of crispness
Cedric (I love ced, and he dwarfs Kev with equal shape)

Also:
Dallas (siZe wise will show how undersized kev’s weak points are)

If he places top 10, a la ferrigno in the early 90’s after not stepping onstage in almost 20 years, he should be proud. If he doesn’t, he still shamed every other 52 year old talking smack in the gym. He really can’t lose, and it’s great publicity when he eventually attributes it all to his signature supplement line -lol

S

1 Like

I was really just worried he wasn’t even going to look like he belonged up there, but he at least shouldn’t look out of place (without knowing what his legs look like) which is all I really hoped to see from him.

1 Like

all your points are spot on, Stu, and I think this:

hits the nail right on the head. Dude just needed to make himself relevant again in the bodybuilding world, and he’s sure as hell accomplished that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that is the same thought Ced is having in that picture as he stares at Kevin. You can almost see him saying to himself “you can’t do that! You’re not supposed to do that, you’re almost my father’s age!” Kevin is just standing there going, “yeah, told you”

Still no shot for Levrone, but damn if I am not seriously impressed. I hope his lower body holds together well.

1 Like

You need to see this pic in the super high res version (and not on a phone). It is insane, his back also looks a lot better in high res but it’s still an issue for him.

His most muscular pose is probably good enough to mix it with Phil and Roelly which is just nuts.

1 Like

I just love the behind the scenes photos where there is just some grandpa looking guy who looks kinda big hanging around but when you look closely you notice it’s friggin Dexter!!!

And this one is one of thr less striking ones haha

2 Likes

Yeah he seems to be waking up to all this social media nonsense.
-Among other things his IG account has added 20 thousand followers in under a week, if keeps the momentum up prob can hit 1 million by the end of the year and start making major coin from ad revenue

3 Likes

Gotta disagree with Levrone’s doubters. Look at the guy a day out. Big and shredded. And when was the last time you saw a waist that tight? No thick abs sticking out the front at all.
Again - disagree that MacMillan ‘dwarfs’ Levrone - he’s just a taller guy so he has more total muscle. Need to see his cuts.
Predicted top five in no particular order:
Heath, Jackson, Rhoden, Levrone, Ramy (the latter being my riskiest bet).
Rest of the top ten will likely be Lenartowitz (who could upset some people by placing in the top 6 - dude is big and always comes in shredded), MacMillan, Winklaar, Compton maybe, Victor maybe.

I’m a huge Levrone fan from the first decade he competed in…but you don’t win the Olympia or place in the top 3 with a back like he showed at the press conference. I love the guy and am totally impressed, but he did not look top 4 with that back, and we still have to see the wheels. I’m rooting for him but I don’t see the odds of it happening even though I want to be wrong

2 Likes