Mr Olympia 2016

Levrone has been putting up pictures that are weeks old. He does not want people to know what shape he is in.

pretty much. He’s not going to be close to the size he was back in the day.

I hope I’m wrong though! I really like the guy and I’m rooting for him, but I just don’t see him bringing much size to the stage.

1 Like

I agree I don’t think he’s big enough. But symmetry is good

Kevin always had one of my favorite shapes symmetry wise. I really want him to do well but I think he places max at the 6 spot. He is not as big as these guys.

I number of years ago Dorian Yates talked about how the Pros today lie about their weight, and how there are so many out there who say they are 250. Levrone posted one of those pics and said he was 252, with a 29-inch waist, with cheekbones. But let me be clear, the last time I watched any part of the Olympia was when Heath won his first title, I may be a little over excited.

But for a long time it was my ritual before a workout to watch a Levrone posing routine, particularly 2002.

Well, Kevin always had a flatish back. That was probably the difference between winning and second place back in his day but we have to consider he was battling it out with Dorian and Ronnie- the best backs of all time.

His front has the insane muscle bellies to land him in the top 6 IMO. Does the back let him down against the full roundness of both Phil and Dex and the wideness of Dallas, Shawn, Roelly and Big Ramy. IMO it does and that will drop him out of the 6.

Then there’s the question of the legs… which is potentially going to drop him to around 10th. Either way, he must be admired at his age.

1 Like

Politics. Cannot see Phil being beaten any time soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHUp4ADsHt/?taken-by=kevinlevrone

Not gonna lie, I was already hyped up about the Olympia, but after reading this, I REALLY cannot wait for this. As for my input, I think Levrone will crack top five and Phil Heath will be top two. Whether he wins or not, I’m gonna let politics decide that, and I’m honestly not sure who I’d like to see up there with Phil. I think it’d be great for Levrone, but we’d have to wait and see :slight_smile:

Han

Very interesting how this year’s Olympia hype is going.
I’ll go down on record here to say I hope someone defeats Phil. My preference is Levrone or Dexter…go back to more aesthetic look…get away from the mass monster look at all cost (though, as I have mentioned…I sort of like Roelly). I hope I see some semblance of muscle separation!
One other guy I will be paying attention to is William Bonac.

1 Like

^^^Kev’s waist is supposedly 29" in that photo. Pretty damn impressive if true

I gotta say tye only reason im looking forward to this Olympia is to see how Levrone does. Its exciting.

4 Likes

I’m the exact same. Couldn’t care less about the O usually but the Levrone thing’s made it interesting

1 Like

picture from the press conference today. Might raise a few eyebrows…

1 Like

Okay, one pose (amd probably his best) but unless downstairs is a train wreck he blows away those guys competing for 6 - 10. Can’t believe how full he looks (dem delts tho) with some magic still to come.

1 Like

Based on that alone Levrone cant “lose.” Its really a no lose situation anyway. What he looks like there for a 52 year old is amazing. But… He aint making top 6 IMO… But I hop he does haha

3 Likes

Levrone says now hes getting so much love from international fans he will carry on competing -do an Arnold classic Australia/Europe type gig!

-While the transformation he has pulled off is amazing it still feels rushed, give it one more year(no injuries!) and 8-12lbs of pure quality muscle with a true mid 90s package and I think he can knockout Heath

1 Like

On a side note pre contest Roelly pics circulating are just :banana: :banana:s…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKL3SXHjFO1/?taken-by=luimarco&hl=en

Levrone’s back shots from the presser are not great, that said, McGough used to write about how quick he could get into fantastic condition.

Wow… This came up faster than I thought. Of course I work saturday so I cant see it unfold live, but wow Levrone really brought his A-Game. Unbelievable genetics and response to… supplements.

And that pic of Roelly is beyond ridic