MP3 Tunes While Training....

They are out now, but very pricey and only for iPods. They are also made by Logitech, which is not necessarily an audio-centric company so I don’t know how nice they sound.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2439,CONTENTID=10540

[quote]Tizzah wrote:

Any idea when cordless headphones will be out? That sounds like the best option, just not sure when it’ll happen. Thanks!

They are out now, but very pricey and only for iPods. They are also made by Logitech, which is not necessarily an audio-centric company so I don’t know how nice they sound.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2439,CONTENTID=10540[/quote]

Hmm. Guess they aren’t quite on the market yet, but looks like they are going to list for $150 US. Damn, I paid less than that for my entire setup (mp3 player plus headphones).

T

Thanks for the link!

They are a little pricey, but I think they would be the best option for me. When the big iron gets moving, I get a little nutty!

Stay strong
MR

The horrible music is probably the biggest complaint of my commercial gym.

Here’s a 2nd vote for the Creative Muvo. Mine worked great until it got stolen. =( One thing the writer above did not mention is that it plugs directly into your USB port, so there’s no need for additional cables. You can get the 256MB for $60 or less, which holds about 120 songs (plenty for a workout).

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the nike-philips series of MP3 players. I am currently using one (PSA220/17), and it is anything but user friendly, even though it was $50 for a 256mb version.

Good luck!

LJ

The I-pod shuffle is great. I’ve got the 1GB model. Plenty of music (how long depends on how high the quality of your files are) and to tell you the truth you don’t even really need to clip it on anywhere. It’s so light it can just dangle from the headphone cord. Though that’s probably not recommended. And with the USB plug right on the pod you don’t have to fuck with wires when you’re changing music/charging it, just jam it in a USB port and you’re good to go.

I bought a Sony Net-MD minidisc player for under 50 dollars (cheaper on eBay even). Easy to navigate, light, comes with armstrap. The more expensive ones can even let you record messages onto them…like say your numbers, your feelings, your gripes about your last workout you can listen to right before you hit the gym, then make sure they don’t happen again.

I have the iPod shuffle as well. It’s also good because you don’t have a screen you can crack or break and there’s enough capacity for anybody’s workout. Plugs directly into USB. I have a regular iPod for outside of the gym.

Xtrememac make really good armbands of neoprene, which also include a space to gather up any extra headphone cord.

Check www.ipodlounge.com for accessories - they have a lot of options to look at.

I have the 20g iPod. Since I lift at home, i just plug the iPod into a speaker set I got at wal-mart for 20$. Woofer and 2 smaller speakers…decent sound, although a little lite on the bass.

I would love some cordless headphones…since I tend to break the cheap ones every five minutes.

A question to iPod users or any other mp3 players…

I can not find an armband to fit my arm. My upper arms are over 19"right now…so for those with big arms, is there a brand out there that will fit? I refuse to wear a waist band for the iPod…thats just wrong.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

I can not find an armband to fit my arm. My upper arms are over 19"right now…so for those with big arms, is there a brand out there that will fit? I refuse to wear a waist band for the iPod…thats just wrong.[/quote]

Wear a waist band … on your arm. ;]

Bastard!

Another vote for the Muvo. Just like the IPod Shuffle only better because it has a screen and you can see what you’re doing. That and it doesn’t require any extra cables to hook into your computer. You can also use it as a standard USB stick if you need to transfer files between computers.

FYI -

I just got an e-mail announcing that the wireless headphones are for sale! Didn’t know if anyone was interested, but I thought I’d post anyway.

Stay strong
MR

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:

I can not find an armband to fit my arm. My upper arms are over 19"right now…so for those with big arms, is there a brand out there that will fit? I refuse to wear a waist band for the iPod…thats just wrong.[/quote]

Extreme Mac makes one with an extender, but I don’t like it. I generally just use the regular size one and strap it to my forearm… works for most movements.

However, I’m thinking that when I get a shuffle I’ll wear it necklace style, that way it can be in front most of the time, tuck in under the shirt if I don’t want it to dangle, or whip it behind me for cleans, preseses, etc.

I’ve got a Muv, 256 mb. It is perfectly fine. I had a rio forge before and it was a real piece of feces.

For my fellow big arm folks, here’s my trick. I have a Sandisk and put it in my headband/bandana. I also tuck the cord in there. This may not work for an iPOD, but I don’t need 1000 songs. 50 is more than enough for me.

A flash player (about 1-2gb) strapped around your wrist is the handiest, make sure the ear phone cable is longer than the distance between your wrist and ears too!

Harddisk players are a little bulky although I have clipped one too my waistband and used it find for upper body. COuldn’t use it for squats though really.

[quote]bino wrote:
IL Cazzo wrote:
However, I’m thinking that when I get a shuffle I’ll wear it necklace style, that way it can be in front most of the time, tuck in under the shirt if I don’t want it to dangle, or whip it behind me for cleans, preseses, etc.
[/quote]

I have the shuffle and wear it this way. Usually tucked in my shirt to keep the headphone wire from getting in the way. I had an iRiver before and that was great as well. Basically I prefer wearing them around my neck versus armbands or waistbands.