Mozilla Firefox?

Does anyone know if you can uninstall microsoft internet explorer when you are using mozilla firefox.

I use mozilla but IE still runs and uses up RAM even though i am using mozilla.

[quote]superscience wrote:
Does anyone know if you can uninstall microsoft internet explorer when you are using mozilla firefox.

[/quote]

It shouldn’t be running…

Are you sure its not just explorer.exe?

Don’t uninstall it, you need it for Windows Update and mabey a couple other things.

What version of windows are you using/ In any case, IE is an integral part of the OS so you cant just uninstall it.

Also, make sure you arent confusing the Explorer process with Internet Explorer. Explorer is basically your interface (taskbar, folders etc) to navigate windows. That NEEDS to run.

If you can figure out how to detach IE from the operating system, im sure there are about 6 million windows users that will surely like to know how.

just use task manager (ctrl alt delete). There might be some secret way to get rid of internet explorer, but they don’t allow you to uninstall it normally.

Use Linux (ubuntu in particular). If you need IE (as certain sites suck) you can install IE under emulation.

Viv la revolution!

You can’t uninstall IE. You can however remove the IE folder from your Programs folder on your C drive, this is according to the Microsoft website. As stated on the other post, you need IE to do Windows/Office Updates. Windows updates will not run on any other browsers other than IE.

Im guessing like people above said that youre seeing the explorer process which is actually windows explorer and is an esential proces which you shouldnt terminate.

[quote]superscience wrote:

[/quote]

the only way i know to get rid of IE is installing Linux…

Did you make Firefox your default browser?

ok thanks guys, yes i made it my main browser and yes that was me getting mixed up, it wasnt running lol.

Pretty shit that you cant get rid of it though.

3 choices

a) Ditch Windows for Linux (or Mac)
b) Dual boot Windows and Linux
c) Run windows on top of Linux where necessary (with something like VMware)

STICK IT TO THE MAN!

There is a tool called xplite which can remove internet explorer and pretty much all other unwanted parts of windows. Unfortunately its not free tho.

Another way is to use this free tool called nlite to preconfigure your own windows installation. You can remove whichever components you do not want installed. The only hassle is you have to reinstall windows.