Moving to Shanghai

Any other T-Nation guys or gals all ready there or am I going to be waving the T-Nation flag by myself?

…if thats the case can I get a free flag :slight_smile:

I lived in Changzhou for awhile. Shanghai is an awesome city, btw.

Look for a street that is sort of like 5th Ave. in NYC or Michigan Ave. in Chicago. When you find this area with tons of elite shopping start look for shady little Chinamen repeating “purse, watch, sex movie, dvd…” When you find these dudes look into the surrounding alleys and you will find HUGE open-air black market stalls with every knock-off imaginable. You will be able to stock up on underwear and even suits and gifts such as expensive female underwear for really cheap. Some of it is fake and some is real. You have to look at things like seams to determine if it’s really North Face or Prada etc…

Then when you find shit that you like offer the vendors like 10% of their asking price. Then don’t move up much. There are 1000’s of vendors so if one of them won’t take your price then look for another one. It’s an awesome market.

Tibet-Nation?

Fnar Fnar…little bit of politics for you all…

Hey beebuddy,

I take it you’re not in China anymore? I haven’t been to Shanghai for 2 years but I did spend some time there before; I think you’re referring to the fake market? lol i’d forgotten the way people repeat that mantra at you “dvd, sex movie, watch, bag…” it certainly gets old very quickly!

I’m planning on joining the gym in the Raffles building at People’s Square…I got some Shanghainese buddies who all ready go there and it’ll be easy to get to and they got what I need so happy days :slight_smile: Nobody going to join me then it seems…

As for the Tibet-Nation…well…umm…I don’t know what to say about that! I’ll surely be getting out there for a trip, just no time soon : D

Yea, that market is badass. It’s funny because a stones throw away are the real department stores where you can even find western grocery stores and all of that expensive stuff.

No I’m not there anymore but I would like to work over there again if I can. It was quite fun.

Peoples Square station is fucked though, it’s the most crowded thing I have ever seen in my life!

Haha it certainly is, I can’t think of anywhere busier actually. The gym is cool tho on the top floor of the building. Hopefully my schedule will allow me to go during the early afternoon when it is least busy.

Where is Changzhou? When was the last time you were there?

[quote]The Wrench wrote:
Haha it certainly is, I can’t think of anywhere busier actually. The gym is cool tho on the top floor of the building. Hopefully my schedule will allow me to go during the early afternoon when it is least busy.

Where is Changzhou? When was the last time you were there? [/quote]

Changzhou is a little industrial town about halfway to Nanjing if you start in Shanghai. It’s maybe two hours. Of course in China a little industrial town is close to two million people. I lived there in 2004 and haven’t been back since. My favorite cities around there were Hangzhou and Suzhou.

I think if I go back I would like to spend more time in Beijing though. The people there seem to be a little more easygoing than in Shanghai. I also want to try some Cantonese food, which is supposed to be better than the food in Shanghai. I hated the food in Shanghai personally and I always sought out western food. Down south is supposed to have awesome food though.