Moving to Farmington Hills MI

Well I just got a job offer with the Bosch Corp. so it looks like this southern boy is moving north! I was just wondering if there are any T-Nation people up in that area and if so what the good local gyms are! Haha also if anyone knows of any good apartments to rent up in that area that would be helpful as well!
Pierce

powerhouse in west bloomfield (15 mile and orchard lake rd) is the best place around. there are alot of apartment complexes and houses in the area (southfield, ferndale, and royal oak) goodluck.

There’s a good Powerhouse Gym at 10 mile and Grand River too.

I haven’t trained at the other one mentioned on this thread, but my in-laws lived in Livonia a few years ago, and I always got a good workout there. I think it may be the original one in the franchise too - sort of a landmark.

Actually, the original PowerHouse Gym is on Woodward in Highland Park as far as I know. I drive by it every day on my way into work every morning. They just renovated the front though so it doesn’t look all old and cool anymore.

Welcome to Michigan CrewPierce. Good luck on the apartment and gym hunt. I’m a little too far east to hit any gyms out there but I remember seeing a Gold’s Gym at 8 mile and Farmington. There’s also a Lifetime Fitness out that way if you are into gigantic mega fitness clubs. My girlfriend went to one for a few years and she always liked it. The above mentioned PowerHouse at 15 and Orchard Lake is close to where you’ll be and worth a look.

Hey thanks for the info guys! I was wondering how good that powerhouse gym was. I found several good apartments out that way that include a membership to powerhouse so I’m excited to hear that its good!

If anyone wants a training partner I am def. open to working out with someone. Haha otherwise part of my paycheck will be going to a trainer. My stats are 185-190lbs body weight:
Bench 250
Deadlift 405
Squat 345
I don’t really train any one style so I’m open to whatever people like.

Welcome to Michigan. What part of S. Carolina are you coming from. My parents have a place on Harbor Island which is right by Beufort. Bet you cant wait for the good old MI winters. Better take up Skiing and Steelhead fishing haha.

I lift about 20 mins from farmington, in wixom so I think it prob is a little far for you, being that there is a lot of gyms closer. But if you ever want to train drop me a line.

[quote]j62usa wrote:
Welcome to Michigan. What part of S. Carolina are you coming from. My parents have a place on Harbor Island which is right by Beufort. Bet you cant wait for the good old MI winters. Better take up Skiing and Steelhead fishing haha.

I lift about 20 mins from farmington, in wixom so I think it prob is a little far for you, being that there is a lot of gyms closer. But if you ever want to train drop me a line.[/quote]

I’m coming from Clemson/Greenville SC. Haha at least I snowboard! I’m origonally from DC so a 20min drive is nothing for me, so maybe a few days a week we could workout.

No!!!

Is it too late to turn down the transfer? I’m from there originally and most of thr Detroit area should simply be bulldozed into Canada. Anything inside a 20 mile radius from downtown Detroit should be flushed away, or dozed.

Poor guy!!

You’ll see.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
No!!!

Is it too late to turn down the transfer? I’m from there originally and most of thr Detroit area should simply be bulldozed into Canada. Anything inside a 20 mile radius from downtown Detroit should be flushed away, or dozed.

Poor guy!!

You’ll see.[/quote]

He’s right, my friend. Detroit is getting their asses kicked, and the liberals in Lansing think the solution is to further regulate and raise taxes on businesses and individuals. Property values are plummeting.

If you own a home where you are, rent it out, if at all possible, and rent for yourself in MI. You won’t get your investment back.