T Nation

Moving to California

I’ve decided to drop out of law school and move to California. I’ll be pursuing a career in finance or something actuarial. I will be taking Actuarial exams 1 & 2 this fall and the Chartered Financial Analyst Exam in December. Time to start doing what I’m good at…anything you think I should know about CA?

It’s expensive.

San Diego is at a 5% unemployment rate.

but I do love it here

California is a huge state. The south (SD/LA) is nothing like up north (San Fran). I moved to northern California a bit over a year ago and very much enjoying the weather and everything else about it (minus the expensive gas).

How good are you in math? The actuarial exams are pretty hard. What is the date of the actuarial exams and what is your strategy to study for them?

What you should know about California according to Molotov:

People can be really pussy. Hippy values… ya know. Climb a fucking tree and live in it style.

They put up with alot of bullshit they shouldn’t. They are intimidated by punks… and by punks I mean cinco de mayo assholes who fly flags and act like mexican dicks with guns … if you won’t put up with that shit, then…welcome.

They vote for people, and by people I mean cunts, that want to raise taxes for you…for the better of everyone that don’t and can’t work here in the US legally.

If you can stomach all that, then yes. California has just about everything to offer, you will always be an hour from a beach or a mountain, its beautiful.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:

People can be really pussy. Hippy values… ya know. Climb a fucking tree and live in it style.

They put up with alot of bullshit they shouldn’t. They are intimidated by punks… and by punks I mean cinco de mayo assholes who fly flags and act like mexican dicks with guns … if you won’t put up with that shit, then…welcome.

They vote for people, and by people I mean cunts, that want to raise taxes for you…for the better of everyone that don’t and can’t work here in the US legally.

If you can stomach all that, then yes. California has just about everything to offer, you will always be an hour from a beach or a mountain, its beautiful.

[/quote]

don’t make me kick your ass Molotov, cuz I will

whoops! I meant to add, “with my internet ninja skillz”

Where are you moving?

Best state in the nation, for the most part.
(that said I’m moving to Texas in the fall)

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:

don’t make me kick your ass Molotov, cuz I will

whoops! I meant to add, “with my internet ninja skillz”

[/quote]

What Og, you going to say it ain’t so? You and me, were the last of the mohicans girl. Let’s be proud.

California is a great state, my father and his fathers built this place. Either with education or by hand.

Of course it gets my reccomendation, if you’ve got an education or want to pursue one…if you’ve got a drive to work and live happily…welcome. That’s how I feel.

I’m born and raised her and I love California. I want to live here for the rest of my life. Ummm…stuff you need to know…if you plan on crossing the border now you need a passport. I enjoyed being able to go down there w/o a passport now it’s just a pain for those w/o a passport. lol Which part central/souther/norther are you moving to? The lifestyles of those three are completely different lol.

Gerdy

where are you moving to? very important information in determining what info to give.

OG’s got it down pat about the SD area though.

MC is kinda generalizing the liberals here but it’s also true for the most part

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
where are you moving to? very important information in determining what info to give.

OG’s got it down pat about the SD area though.

MC is kinda generalizing the liberals here but it’s also true for the most part[/quote]

Hey Eric, I’d say don’t move to Oakland with all my might. Would you recommend Oakland? ha ha.

General response to questions about where I am moving:

I am dropping out of law school, YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!! Unless you’ve gone to law school and hated it then you will never know how good this feels.

Unfortunely, I will have to live with my parents for a little while until I get settled. They live in Roseville, CA. However, I plan to move to either SoCal or the Bay Area. The location depends on where I can get a job right now.

As such, I consider any CA information useful.

[/quote]

Something tells me you don’t work at the California center for tourism.

At least Arnold is your governor. That’s kind of cool, he has to be better than the fucking dork I got.

Right on man, I live in Rocklin and it’s bad ass. Lots of hotties lots. I live right next to Sierra College; I think Playboy rated it #1 in the country for hotties at a JC.

Where in Roseville you moving to?

As for advice… I like SoCal but I gotta tell ya Roseville/Rocklin/Folsom/Granite Bay is pretty nice. You’ve got the lakes in the summer, and you an hour tops to the snow in the winter.

I grew up in cencal and stay away from it unless your into agriculture scenery. lol

My favorite and current place as of this may is socal. Norcal never did it for me, although it is a great place.

Southern California is great, especially for somebody in their 20’s. Not saying it’s not great for everybody else too, but there are very few places I’d like to live at during my 20’s than Socal. LA or SD I’ll be in orange country right in the middle. lol

Gerdy

When you move you can change your name to CaliforniaLaw.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
When you move you can change your name to CaliforniaLaw.[/quote]

Nope. I’m dropping out :slight_smile: So,it wouldn’t make sense.

[/quote]

Spot on…I don’t consider California even part of America any more. When Reagan died, there weren’t anymore men left in public life out there. Even Arnold shows signs of learning to live with the ‘girly-men’.

Fuck Cali, man. Stay in America.

[quote]LeanCleanLaw wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
When you move you can change your name to CaliforniaLaw.

Nope. I’m dropping out :slight_smile: So,it wouldn’t make sense.

[/quote]

oh yay, another over achiever for my state

doesn’t matter if you move here, you still have to grow up, even if you do live with your parents