Movies You Might Enjoy

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
Pussies… Man up. Put this in and you’ll never be the same. There’s no rating system designed so screw your minotars and yogis .[/quote]

seen it! Made the mistake of watching it with my girlfriend. She was pretty freaked out

[quote]MinotaurXXX wrote:

Pussies… Man up. Put this in and you’ll never be the same. There’s no rating system designed so screw your minotars and yogis .[/quote]

Might be promising. I’ll have to add this to my watch list.

btw bro, this ain’t a competition about who can submit the most ultra violent movie. It’s a thread about recommending movies from different genres. So unless your first comment was in jest, play nice.
[/quote]

I’m not sure how much I can really recommend it. If you are a fan of extreme cinema, then go for it.

If brutal sexual violence in a movie is too much for you, I’d give it a miss…

Leon: The Professional with Gene Reno, Natalie Portman(age 12 or 13), Gary Oldman, Danny Aiello.
this movie begged to have a sequel made!
big fat 5 outta 5

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Leon: The Professional with Gene Reno, Natalie Portman(age 12 or 13), Gary Oldman, Danny Aiello.
big fat 5 outta 5

[/quote]

Love it. One of Gary Oldman’s finest roles and I looooooove Gary Oldman

[quote]dt79 wrote:
“The one guy you trust to get your back when a whole city’s trying to put a bullet in it.”[/quote]

That’s an alright movie but Beat Takeshi’s done way better

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
“The one guy you trust to get your back when a whole city’s trying to put a bullet in it.”[/quote]

That’s an alright movie but Beat Takeshi’s done way better[/quote]

Yeah i just thought it would be easier to find as per the OP’s request. Plus it has Dr Eric Foreman!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

big fat 5 outta 5

[/quote]

Love it. One of Gary Oldman’s finest roles and I looooooove Gary Oldman[/quote]
Oldman’s character Stansfield was a lesson on how to play a psychopath!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

big fat 5 outta 5

[/quote]

Oldman’s character Stansfield was a lesson on how to play a psychopath![/quote]

Oldman seriously does not get enough cred as a thespian these days.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

big fat 5 outta 5

[/quote]

Oldman’s character Stansfield was a lesson on how to play a psychopath![/quote]

Oldman seriously does not get enough cred as a thespian these days.
[/quote]

one of the best actors, period! he’s skilled enough to play everyone from Sid Vicious, to Count Dracula, to Sirius Black, to Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg(one of his coolest)

btw bro, this ain’t a competition about who can submit the most ultra violent movie. It’s a thread about recommending movies from different genres. So unless your first comment was in jest, play nice.
[/quote]

It was 100% in jest… And the movie is horrifying… The whole post was meant to be in jest. Sorry - my sense of sarcasm comes off poorly in forums sometimes.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

seen it! Made the mistake of watching it with my girlfriend. She was pretty freaked out[/quote]

Oh man… I can’t believe you saw this with your girlfriend… that had to be rough. I’ve made similar mistakes…

[/quote]

It was 100% in jest… And the movie is horrifying… The whole post was meant to be in jest. Sorry - my sense of sarcasm comes off poorly in forums sometimes.
[/quote]

Perfectly cool, bro. It’s hard on the internet without voice tone or body language to pick up on sarcasm.

Thanks for the input, btw. When I do check it out, it WON’T be on date night. ; )

big fat 5 outta 5

[/quote]

Saw it! Classic! And yeah, Oldman is a great actor IMO. He was damn near perfect in Sid and Nancy.

Now that we determined that some movies are NOT good for date nights lol, here’s one you and your gf might enjoy.

The Fabulous Baker Boys

Released in 1989 with Michelle Pfeiffer, Jeff Bridges, and Beau Bridges.

Plot. Beau and Jeff Bridges, brothers irl, play brothers who have a tired cheesy piano lounge act. Beau is perfectly happy with the way things are. Jeff is bitter and cynical with whoring himself because he really wants to be a blues musician. Eventually, as they become less wanted on the night club circuit, they decide to revamp their act and hire a singer. And that’s how they meet the sassy Michelle Pfeiffer.

The story line is nothing special. It’s what they do with it that makes this one stand out.

Great writing, acting, and music. More drama than comedy but it has funny moments. I think Michelle Pfeiffer did her own singing too.

IMDB rating: 6.8/10

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 96%

MinotaurXXX rating: 4.25 minotaurs

[quote]Yogi wrote:

seen it! Made the mistake of watching it with my girlfriend. She was pretty freaked out[/quote]

Oh man… I can’t believe you saw this with your girlfriend… that had to be rough. I’ve made similar mistakes…[/quote]

The guy in the video store even warned us not to rent it! I knew what it was though and was curious about it.

Usually we’d rent two movies and she’d fall asleep after the first was done, so I’d watch the second by myself. This just happened to be the one occasion when she didn’t do that!

this movie way surpassed my expectations. I even like it better than The Royal Tenenbaums, which I love

a solid 4 Yogis

[quote]Yogi wrote:
this movie way surpassed my expectations. I even like it better than The Royal Tenenbaums, which I love

a solid 4 Yogis[/quote]
really wanted to see it but it didn’t last long around here.

I also recommend My Left Foot: The Christy Brown Story. Daniel Day-Lewis won his first Academy award portraying the title character.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

a solid 4 Yogis[/quote]
really wanted to see it but it didn’t last long around here.

I also recommend My Left Foot: The Christy Brown Story. Daniel Day-Lewis won his first Academy award portraying the title character.[/quote]

As soon as The Grand Budapest Hotel is on the streaming service I use, I’m going to check it out.

And yeah, My Left Foot is a good one definitely.

fun fact about Daniel Day Lewis: being a method actor type, he really threw himself into his training for The Boxer to the extent where his trainer actually wanted him to quit acting and become a professional boxer! He was that good!

So yeah. Daniel Day Lewis is a beast.

With all this talk about bad ass Daniel Day Lewis, I have to add another one.

The Last of the Mohicans, released 1992.

This is an epic movie about the war between the British and the French and how Americans and different tribes of the native Americans get caught up in the turmoil. Also has Madeline Stowe in superb form.

Before the PC Police scream “But Lewis is white!” just remember that his character is a white man adopted by a Mohican.

Great writing, acting, music, action, and romance! What more can you ask for in a date flick???

IMDB rating: 7.8/10

Rotten Tomatoes rating: 94% on the Tomato meter

MinotaurXXX rating: 4.5 minotaurs out of possible 5