T Nation

Movies You Hate that Everybody Else Likes

Might at well start a follow up to: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/movies_you_kinda_like_but_everybody_else_hates?id=5344816&pageNo=0

I’ll get things started with:

Pulp Fiction
It’s a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Jerry Maguire
Wall Street
Haywire

I don’t know anyone that actually likes “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

Tyler Perry movies

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
I don’t know anyone that actually likes “It’s a Wonderful Life.”
[/quote]

you’ve never met my family…lol

Borat & Star Wars.

Zoolander
Titanic
Napoleon Dynamite
Dumb & Dumber (yes u fkn heard me)

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Zoolander

Napoleon Dynamite
Dumb & Dumber (yes u fkn heard me)[/quote]

O_0

Really.

Must be a Greek thing

I don’t like Borat, Dumb and Dumber, Titanic either.
The one I have that may be more contraversial…I didn’t like the first LOTR movie. I understood every change they made, and they made sense…but I just didn’t like the movie. The relationship between Frodo and Sam was borderline lover instead of bosom buddy. It worked a lot better in the book IMO. That was still an issue in later movies but I’m a whore for action scenes and they had some good ones :smiley:

The one I have that may be more contraversial…I didn’t like the first LOTR movie. I understood every change they made, and they made sense…but I just didn’t like the movie. The relationship between Frodo and Sam was borderline lover instead of bosom buddy. It worked a lot better in the book IMO. That was still an issue in later movies but I’m a whore for action scenes and they had some good ones :D[/quote]
Lol sadly I agree on the LOTR comment to gay but I loved the whole series as a die hard fan of the books

Donnie Darko
Aliens
Phantom menace, attack of the clones, revenge of the sith
The Godfather
Space Odyssey 2001

• Star Wars

• Scarface

Hate is such a strong word and if I hate a movie they are probably disliked by most.

But I think many movies arent as great as many thinks:

Kill Bill.
Inception.
The Avengers.
Grease.
Ice age and the madagascar movies.
E.T.

EDIT.

And Bondoocks saints, probably one of the more fascistoid movies out there.

Avengers
Superbad

I hate movies where the woman is in leather with two guns shooting zombies or vampires. The Underworld and Resident Evil movies.

Will Ferrell comedies

Ben Stiller comedies

The Matrix

Scarface

Spaceballs

The one I have that may be more contraversial…I didn’t like the first LOTR movie. I understood every change they made, and they made sense…but I just didn’t like the movie. The relationship between Frodo and Sam was borderline lover instead of bosom buddy. It worked a lot better in the book IMO. That was still an issue in later movies but I’m a whore for action scenes and they had some good ones :D[/quote]

In the book, Frodo and Samwell held hands.
Their relationship is indeed pretty…oldschool, so initially, producers wanted to scrap Sam completely.

my impression from multiple book readings was of a (non-sexual) master/servant relationship. Sam was a bit obsessive over Frodo, though

caveman, that was mine too. Samwise was essentially a devoted manservant, but he did have a love interest (later wife) apart from Frodo, and had his own thoughts and concerns about the Shire and life in general. In the movie most of those got axed (except for the scene with Galadrial where he sees the Shire burning). It lessened his character.
Schwarzfahrer; I know the relationship was close in the books but it didn’t seem as homosexual as did in the movie. I guess it’s an example of how different impressions can be made over different mediums? It doesn’t really bother me most times.

X3 on Titanic.

Pirates of the Caribbean.

Transformers.

Plus all sequels.

Yeah. me too on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

The first Transformers was OK, at least the first 20 minutes I liked…then yeah, pure nutty shit that even my 7 year-old students here in Asia said had too many robots fighting.

Star wars, anything with “star” in it, avengers, transformers, any of the bourne movies, and anything with wizards, vampires etc in it.

tweet