Movie Stars

Hey man - the O.C. is art. And besides - where else in prime time can you get a chance to see two hot teen-age chicks make out?

Seriously though - you give me $5 million, and I will put on 20 pounds of muscle in 10 weeks.

I bet that’s how they approach it, too. They have a job to do - to achieve a certain physical look by a certain date. They could probably care less about actually doing it for themselves, but are more than willing to do whatever it takes for ‘arts sake’.

Some will end up liking the lifestyle,and some will ebb back to their old selves.

But for millions of dollars, I’d gain 50 pounds of fat like DeNiro did for ‘Raging Bull’, or I’d bulk up like Will Smith did for ‘Ali’.

ryan reynolds?! brad pitt?! tobey macguire?! nicolas cage??? wow, i may take some heat for saying this…but do you guys seriously think they look impressive at all? i don’t.

in general, these fellows are tipping the scales at 160 lbs of boy band physique. not impressive at all considering they have 24 hour personal training/chefs/nutritionists/physical therapists/access to steroids. not to mention they have all the time in the world to train and rest. i realize that they have specific “looks” they are trying to acheive for a certain film, i just don’t desire the frat fag/boy band look which 99% of most actors who “bulk up” display.

there are of course some exceptions to this stereotype, but sadly the days of the 80’s action star are over and its rare to see anyone with stunning development.

[quote]juice20jd wrote:

there are of course some exceptions to this stereotype, but sadly the days of the 80’s action star are over and its rare to see anyone with stunning development.

[/quote]

If there’s one person who could defy this it would be The Rock. If he picks his roles right, he could be the next Arnold. (Hell, Arnold himself passed the torch to him in The Rundown).

[quote]NateN wrote:
If there’s one person who could defy this it would be The Rock. If he picks his roles right, he could be the next Arnold. (Hell, Arnold himself passed the torch to him in The Rundown).
[/quote]

Yes, but the Rock and Arnold were both professional athletes before they became actors. Besides, taking a 160# guy and kicking him to 180 creates a much more drastic difference than going from 240 to 220

They get to rest.

Think about it. They are hired to play a role so they hire the personal trainer and nutritionist. Then for several months before the actual filming begins they get to do nothing but train and sleep.

If you lost your job (but still got paid) and had access to the best nutrition in the world, what kind of transformation could you make?

Holy crap, if I could lie around all day and have my only real movement or exertion come from a 2 hour period of training I would be able to make crazy changes.

Regards,

Sensless

I wasn’t commenting on actors and their transformations, just responding to the idea that muscular action leads were on their way out (which is probably true . . . for now).
As far as actors putting on a bunch of muscle, clothing and the camera can do plenty.

[quote]daven wrote:
NateN wrote:

Yes, but the Rock and Arnold were both professional athletes before they became actors. Besides, taking a 160# guy and kicking him to 180 creates a much more drastic difference than going from 240 to 220[/quote]

Personally a good bit of it is movie magic. Who they cast, how they do lighting and move the camera… And of course make-up etc. Not to say they don’t work hard and get bigger… But its like taking naked photos of your girlfriend unless your Ron Harris you’re not getting some extra airbrushing and perfect lighting.

Then again some of those guys are huge. Arnold… Kinda big.

First of all lets get one thing straight,i dont idolise movie stars,hell i outweigh pitt,toby m,ryan reynolds by 70-80 pounds i was just curious what people thought these guys do to get in such good shape.
Apayne u say who the fuck cares and u find it disheartning that this made it way on to T-Nation, well obviously u care or u would not have posted and other people dont seem to mind this post , and saying u are disheartened ? jesus christ son its called “OFF TOPIC” for a reason because it talks about other things than just what U think is good and what isnt.
To everyone else thanks for your reply’s i appreciate it.

Peace
HHH

Just to clarify myself here.In my little rant i said this was in the “off topic” section :frowning: that was my bad as i meant to say “building a better body” section. :frowning: Hmm thats what a 6 day old kidlet will do to ya that keeps u up all night.
Take care

Peace
HHH

It seems we are both entitled to our opinions then champ.

My main problem with this is the string of excuses associated, all of which are posted on this thread. “If I had this, I could make huge changes. If I could do that I would be ripped too” In the past I’ve mostly heard this from girls sitting on the couch eating ice cream while they watch entertainment tonight. Now I see the same rationalization on T-mag and that is what is fucking disheartening.

I don’t think it’s at all a stretch to think that some of them are using roids to bulk up.

They have the money to pay for them, and to pay for someone to put together a program to use them properly (assuming they want to do so). Many travel in the same social circles as professional athletes – not to mention pro wrestlers and UFC fighres – so I don’t think they’d have to walk down the street or into the gym and try to ask the biggest guy they saw to supply them.

So, not only could they be getting the types of gains one could get from having nothing to do but train for a role for months at a time, as well as the money to pay a top trainer (or at least someone to yell at them and keep them on task), but they could add the steroids to that as well.

For $10 million or whatnot for a particular role, I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t.

On a side note, a dude I know helped deliver a bunch of exercise equipment to LL Cool J’s house (who’s always been known for being rrrrripped). He got an elliptical, a treadmill, and dumbbells from 5 pounds to 100 pounds. After the job was done, and the crew was expecting a halfway decent tip (after humping in well over 3,000 pounds of equipment), all LL said “You guys want an autograph?” What a prick.

I’m surprised no one mentioned Tom Jane from The Punisher. According to an interview in Men’s Health last year, he doubled his 10 rep leg press (I know he should have been squatting :wink: poundage from 500 to 1000. He completed two workouts a day when he lifted. Plus, he trained with an ex-Navy SEAL for his weapons and hand-to-hand combat training. So, his days sound pretty active to me. I’d say his gains were from a lot of hard work and good nutrition, not from laying around all day.

minotaur if you watch any recent jamie foxx comedy special’s you’ll see that he and LL got some bad blood. (from that time they got in a fight in “Any Given Sunday”)

It’s funny cause the way jamie tells the story its completely plausible. But makes LL sound like fucking tool.