T Nation

Movie Sequels You're Waiting For

I myself am a fan of the movie sequel, its rare when you find a really great character or group of characters, so when you can get them for another 90 minutes,well I think thats just fine.

What about you guys, it can be things that are coming down the pipeline, already filmed and awaiting release, or films that you would just like to see another one.

Personally, I pray I get to see another Ghostbusters with the original cast at some point, even if its in a limited capacity as the rumors say.

And Iron Man 2 will be awesome, most fun Ive had in a movie in a long time.

They announced intentions to make a Zombieland sequel but I guess they want to wait a while.

Thoughts ?

Good call on Ghostbusters and Ironman. I cannot wait to see what they do with the next installment in the new Batman universe. Also, a proper Predator sequal would be fucking rad.

No one’s got a hard on for Transformers 3 but me, huh? It will be the most awesomest thing ever!

However, I think I’d rather roll my hand in fire ants and fist myself than see another Spiderman, Pirates of the Carribean, or whatever other tripe is on the horizon.

And good call on Ghostbusters!

Prequel :

The Hobbit

Mad Horse, ditto on Spiderman and Pirates sequel.

And I hope to see 6 or 7 Arrested Development movies. One every Christmas for the rest of my life would be just fine actually.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I myself am a fan of the movie sequel, its rare when you find a really great character or group of characters, so when you can get them for another 90 minutes,well I think thats just fine.

What about you guys, it can be things that are coming down the pipeline, already filmed and awaiting release, or films that you would just like to see another one.

Personally, I pray I get to see another Ghostbusters with the original cast at some point, even if its in a limited capacity as the rumors say.

And Iron Man 2 will be awesome, most fun Ive had in a movie in a long time.

They announced intentions to make a Zombieland sequel but I guess they want to wait a while.

Thoughts ? [/quote]

I want to see a sequel to district 9… Quite a few “hints” dropped in the movie that one might come eventually… For some reason, I enjoyed that movie a lot more than most others I’ve seen during the last few years.

Iron Man 2, yep.

Also want T:SCC continued, but I guess that’ll never happen.

The movie caught a lot of shit, but I enjoyed it anyway (despite not having grown up with GI Joe the way others on here have): GI Joe :slight_smile: Was surprised that people actually got killed in it. Same for Iron Man. I guess Hollywood has moved away (slightly) from the “must be suitable for viewing by human fetuses and soccer moms” policy.

I want to see a Trailer Park Boys 2, and a Goonies sequel would be great. This time of course the kids are grown up and their kids are the ones getting in trouble.

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
No one’s got a hard on for Transformers 3 but me, huh? It will be the most awesomest thing ever!

[/quote]

Well, if they put in a lot more Robot vs. Robot fighting, more rail-gun action, more tanks blowing decepticons apart… Sure!

(and more Megan Fox with less clothes on, though tbh her body kind of lags behind the face in terms of hotness… Someone should lock her in a cellar with plenty of bbing food and a weight set…)

And less teeny comedy crap.

And more/better weapons for the human infantry. Who the fuck would try to fight armored robots with assault rifles?
Bring on the rail-rifles :slight_smile:

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Prequel :

The Hobbit [/quote]

:slight_smile:

(they should probably have made that one before the LOTR movies)

Bad Boys III

[quote]FIUPanther07 wrote:
Bad Boys III[/quote]

Well they already did heroin and E. Go after meth next?

I want another Blade movie damnit, and without the gayness.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
And more/better weapons for the human infantry. Who the fuck would try to fight armored robots with assault rifles?
[/quote]

I think that’s what they were trying to do in the last movie. All those prop guns were modified to look like they did more damage.

District 9.
Yes, we can call it District 10.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I want to see a Trailer Park Boys 2… [/quote]

http://www.trailerparkboysmovie.com/

ask and ye shall receive :wink:

[quote]KnockoutRob wrote:
District 9.
Yes, we can call it District 10.[/quote]

I’m with you on that one…

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I want another Blade movie damnit, and without the gayness.[/quote]

Ah, true.
And another underworld thrown in for good measure. More Kate Beckinsale in leather… With some less embarassing firefights perhaps.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

I think that’s what they were trying to do in the last movie. All those prop guns were modified to look like they did more damage.
[/quote] If only they’d actually done some :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, spoilers (whatever)<<<<<<<<

Well, there was one scene where Megatron (I think it was him, 's been a while) retreated under fire from a few 50 cals mounted on vehicles if I remember right, looked like those puny things actually threw him around a bit… But overall it just didn’t make much sense imo.

You’d think that most of the soldiers would be grouped into missile launcher squads or so, with most guys just carrying MP7’s or whatever in case some smaller decepticon showed up. The regular riflemen just fired a few bursts and got themselves killed in Transformers 2…

But PGS (puny-gun-syndrome) wasn’t limited to them, either. Quite a few of the autobots’ weapons seemed to be terribly underpowered (the female bikes among others… WTF, you got Decepticon kitchen utensils that were armed with miniature rocket-launchers and miniguns, so why can’t much bigger Autobots carry something other than what seemed to be semi-automatic 5.56mm rifles? Noticed that especially during the first fight scenes, where they chased a decepticon in car form (before Optimus got para-dropped in). I think even Ironhide’s weapons in that scene were like that… Totally puny, could have saved ammo and just used the blade straight away.

I realize that it’s a movie and all, but I really think it could have been a lot better in that regard…

Alien Prequel, Iron Man 2, Transformers 3, and GhostBusters would be cool too.

Sin City 2 will kick ass. Based on “A Dame to Kill For”. Devon Aoki will be back as Meho. Heard thet they want Jolie for the movie.