Movie Remakes

A few people lately have posted different things about different remakes, and I want to know what movies ya’ll are excited about being remade and what movies you want to see remade. Also, what movies that are getting a makeover do you think shouldn’t be fucked with?

I would love to see a remake of the thing and have read it’s in the works. That’s one I’ve wanted to see remade for a long time with todays special efx. I also read that a Robocop remake is in the works. Not sure how I feel about that. The original was so bad ass I’m not sure they can do anything but fuck it up by remaking it. Let’s hear it folks!

Star Wars 1-3 the ones from a few years ago. I would even rewrite the story it’s obvious George Lucas winged that shit and get a new cast.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
A few people lately have posted different things about different remakes, and I want to know what movies ya’ll are excited about being remade and what movies you want to see remade. Also, what movies that are getting a makeover do you think shouldn’t be fucked with?

I would love to see a remake of the thing and have read it’s in the works. That’s one I’ve wanted to see remade for a long time with todays special efx. I also read that a Robocop remake is in the works. Not sure how I feel about that. The original was so bad ass I’m not sure they can do anything but fuck it up by remaking it. Let’s hear it folks![/quote]

I think the Thing movie is a prequel, which focuses on the other researchers. It seems that the remake machine is in the mid eightie’s now and rapidly approaching the 90’s.

[quote]deadlift655 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

I would love to see a remake of the thing and have read it’s in the works. That’s one I’ve wanted to see remade for a long time with todays special efx. I also read that a Robocop remake is in the works. Not sure how I feel about that. The original was so bad ass I’m not sure they can do anything but fuck it up by remaking it. Let’s hear it folks!

I think the Thing movie is a prequel, which focuses on the other researchers. It seems that the remake machine is in the mid eightie’s now and rapidly approaching the 90’s.[/quote]

A couple sites have it as a remake and others have it as what happened before Kurt Russels crew got there, so I was just hoping they’re reading this and decided to do a remake, haha. I agree with Drewh on the Star Wars thing, and you’re right, there does seem to be a lot of 80’s remakes being thrown at us. Most people don’t remember the first stepfather [or the nine that followed] but that’s coming out soon. I think there’s a lot of movies that can be done right with todays movie technology, and just as many if not more that could be completely fucked up. Want to see what ya’ll think.

Stephen King’s IT, Im probably beatin a dead horse but just in case any of you missed it.

You had to see it coming when the main character of Dreamcatcher drives through Derry and sees “Pennywise Lives!” graffitted on a statue.

I think about this alot myself. Personally, there have been some real fuck ups in the industry. To name a few: All the kings Men, THe Amityville horror, basically all of the horror remakes, althogh I will say I enjoyed The Omen remake with Julia Stiles. As for movies that SHOULD be remade:

The Wizard of Oz. I think if it is done correctly, this can be a magnificent remake considering the technological advances we’ve made over the years. Plus marketing it would be easy because everyone is familiar with it.

The Lord of the Flies- Never read the book, or seen the original, but the premise alone is made for hollywood.

I’d like to see Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? remade, with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie playing George and Martha. A Clockwork Orange would be sick too. An Iraq or Afghanistan War version of Born on the Fourth of July might be interesting. So would Bullitt, with a fucking Mustang GT-500 and someone like Josh Brolin or Aaron Eckhart playing Det. Bullitt.

Not sure about remakes, but I’d like it if someone would do a film version of Kafka’s masterpiece “The Metamorphosis”.
With today’s special effects, it would be great in the correct hands.

A Krull remake, with a real villian instead of an immobile lizard who vomits energy balls, would be the shit. Have Liam Neeson come back as the old man who helps the main character.

Highlander: Needs a reboot in the worst way, but they’re gonna fuck it up and made it to a John Woo fuck fest
Near Dark: With the vampire craze in full swing, they’ll remake it. And the remake will suck.
Robocop: Remaking this masterpiece will suck.

All of these movies I listed are bad ass and the remakes will never top them.

The Last Dragon.
A cult classic with perfect casting, but is going to be ruined by the remake.

Why would they remake The Last Dragon the first one was good?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Not sure about remakes, but I’d like it if someone would do a film version of Kafka’s masterpiece “The Metamorphosis”.
With today’s special effects, it would be great in the correct hands.[/quote]

That’s kinda odd that I started this thread and you mention this story. I have an in class essay to write on this tomorrow morning.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
With today’s special effects, it would be great in the correct hands.[/quote]

well, that would be fairly fascinating. the book was so vivid. p. roth did a book as kind of an homage i guess where the guy turned into a breast. i remember my friend thought i was crazy for reading it. odd and sad.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
A Krull remake, with a real villian instead of an immobile lizard who vomits energy balls, would be the shit. Have Liam Neeson come back as the old man who helps the main character. [/quote]

Krull was the shit, I could see Christian Bale as that young king too. That lizard beast thing sucked, like an overgrown version of Jabba the Hut.

I saw the Amityville Horror remake sucked bad, I would not bother with it.

The V remake comes out soon. Looks pretty fucked though

[quote]drewh wrote:
Why would they remake The Last Dragon the first one was good?[/quote]

I think someone got a boner over Samuel L Jackson playing ‘The Shogun of Harlem’ and just ran with it.

I would like to see a ‘good’ remake of Robin Hood. I think it could have a lot of potential.

[quote]vikingrob wrote:
I would like to see a ‘good’ remake of Robin Hood. I think it could have a lot of potential.[/quote]

Russell Crowe’s in one right?

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
vikingrob wrote:
I would like to see a ‘good’ remake of Robin Hood. I think it could have a lot of potential.

Russell Crowe’s in one right?[/quote]

Unless they are making a new movie I have not heard about, I believe you are thinking of Kevin Costner.