Movie Etiquette

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
thr_wedge wrote:
Alamo Draft House FTW

burgers, chips and queso, pizzas and beer AND there is extra room for other people to get out AND kids generally don’t come with mom and dad since it ends up being a date night for them.

The beer selection is pretty good too. (did I mention beer?) The restroom break is pretty much a given, fortunately to make room for servers and tables, there is also ample room to get in and out of your seat.

Agreed on FTW…their theaters are an example of what hospitality and movie experience should be.

Improving movie quality in ways of new 3D,digital technology, and surround sound is great…BUT it pales in comparison to theaters that cater to making going to the movies an experience.

“Upscale” theaters are starting to catch on…albeit,they are expensive! But for the more upscale service and experience…it would be worth it,imo.[/quote]

We got ones similar to that back home, called RAVE, plenty of walk by room so they aren’t bumpin your knees or anything and it’s all stadium seating and they have ushers to tell you to GTFO when you are bein an asshole

[quote]anonym wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HEY…what do you have against 300lb’ers?

I agree on the piss taking issue. If you gotta go, you gotta go. Who wants to sit through a nude scene with Jessica Biel thinking about toilets?

Nothing against all 300-pounders, just (usually) the ones who have to waddle to get by me.

Now, if Big Ron had to slip by me during a movie I’d be too busy trying not to get knocked out by his biceps to be worried about missing a few seconds of screen time.

And if Jessica Biel was going to get nude on screen, I’d rather piss in a cup than leave the theater and risk missing it. Shit, I’d probably do it just so I can clear my head to remember the experience better.[/quote]

I think this is the real reason why Powder Blue was in the theater for like two weeks before it came out on DVD. I pretty sure people would prefer to see Jessica Biel naked in the comfort of their own homes.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
D Public wrote:
lol honestly…I don’t care…

my little brother takes movies seriously tho…he watches them in the morning only…with the other weirdos…

I asked him what kind of people go in the morning, and he replied “serious dudes”…he told me before he went to see his movie he saw some dude wearing elbow pads and armor made out of cardboard punch some other dude in the nuts wearing elbow pads and a helmet made out of tinfoil…

Then I guess I’m a wierdo. Nothing beats a late breakfast and strolling over to the theater for the 11:00 matinee. People with kids usually aren’t squared away quick enough to make the theater that early and even the new releases aren’t packed to the gills with people. Since I’m at the age where having people over on a Friday or Saturday and cooking out is more attractive than battling crowds at theaters and clubs, this works great for me.
[/quote]

Same here. If I’m not going with a group of friends, then I’m a big fan of the Sunday morning matinee. It’s never that busy, even on a movie’s opening weekend.

[quote]Bmanxer wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
thr_wedge wrote:
Alamo Draft House FTW

burgers, chips and queso, pizzas and beer AND there is extra room for other people to get out AND kids generally don’t come with mom and dad since it ends up being a date night for them.

The beer selection is pretty good too. (did I mention beer?) The restroom break is pretty much a given, fortunately to make room for servers and tables, there is also ample room to get in and out of your seat.

Agreed on FTW…their theaters are an example of what hospitality and movie experience should be.

Improving movie quality in ways of new 3D,digital technology, and surround sound is great…BUT it pales in comparison to theaters that cater to making going to the movies an experience.

“Upscale” theaters are starting to catch on…albeit,they are expensive! But for the more upscale service and experience…it would be worth it,imo.

We got ones similar to that back home, called RAVE, plenty of walk by room so they aren’t bumpin your knees or anything and it’s all stadium seating and they have ushers to tell you to GTFO when you are bein an asshole[/quote]

Oh hell yes…they don’t play at Alamo Draft House. You’d better not even fart loud…they’ll boot you out.

Studio Movie Grill theaters in Dallas are very similar…I’ve heard they are nice as well.

On that note…I think the problem with a lot of theaters is the MANAGEMENT. When I worked as a manager at the movie theater…I would kick people out left and right that were being loud or unruly…but I couldn’t be in “12” places at one time.

Theater employees are afraid of confrontation…so it rarely happened enough. Doesn’t help when the average age of theater employees(outside of management) is 16 yrs old.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Bmanxer wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
thr_wedge wrote:
Alamo Draft House FTW

“Upscale” theaters are starting to catch on…albeit,they are expensive! But for the more upscale service and experience…it would be worth it,imo.

We got ones similar to that back home, called RAVE, plenty of walk by room so they aren’t bumpin your knees or anything and it’s all stadium seating and they have ushers to tell you to GTFO when you are bein an asshole

Oh hell yes…they don’t play at Alamo Draft House. You’d better not even fart loud…they’ll boot you out.

Studio Movie Grill theaters in Dallas are very similar…I’ve heard they are nice as well.

On that note…I think the problem with a lot of theaters is the MANAGEMENT. When I worked as a manager at the movie theater…I would kick people out left and right that were being loud or unruly…but I couldn’t be in “12” places at one time.

Theater employees are afraid of confrontation…so it rarely happened enough. Doesn’t help when the average age of theater employees(outside of management) is 16 yrs old. [/quote]

That is very true, I wouldn’t have faced off with anyone at 16…I was chicken shit

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
anonym wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HEY…what do you have against 300lb’ers?

I agree on the piss taking issue. If you gotta go, you gotta go. Who wants to sit through a nude scene with Jessica Biel thinking about toilets?

Nothing against all 300-pounders, just (usually) the ones who have to waddle to get by me.

Now, if Big Ron had to slip by me during a movie I’d be too busy trying not to get knocked out by his biceps to be worried about missing a few seconds of screen time.

And if Jessica Biel was going to get nude on screen, I’d rather piss in a cup than leave the theater and risk missing it. Shit, I’d probably do it just so I can clear my head to remember the experience better.

I think this is the real reason why Powder Blue was in the theater for like two weeks before it came out on DVD. I pretty sure people would prefer to see Jessica Biel naked in the comfort of their own homes.
[/quote]