T Nation

Movie: Brothers Grimm

Save your dough, don’t go…

Might be a worthwhile Friday night renter, but nothing more than that. I sat in the theater shaking my head wondering why I didn’t trust the reviews I had read. Matt Damon in a bad movie?? Nooo, no way.

Yes, yes way, Damon flat out sucked, he’s better in movies where he doesn’t talk much, like the Bourne series.

The movie must have been edited by a coke fiend with ADHD hopped up on Starbucks Doubleshots…

And Heath Ledger sucked too, all throughout it seemed he tried to perfect his Johnny Depp “HST/Captain Jack Sparrow” caricature and failed, miserably, at putting forth something original. Who knows maybe the director (same who directed Fear and Loathing in Lost Vegas) coached Ledger into acting like that, since his mannerisms looked so much like Depp in FALILV all the way down to the goofy smirks and finger wriggling. All he was missing was a cigarette holder and a pair of shades. Freaking miserable performances all around.

That is all…

GAINER

[quote]elevationgain wrote:

Might be a worthwhile Friday night renter, but nothing more than that. I sat in the theater shaking my head wondering why I didn’t trust the reviews I had read. Matt Damon in a bad movie?? Nooo, no way.

Yes, yes way.

It must have been edited by a coke fiend with ADHD hopped up on Starbucks Doubleshots…

And Heath Ledger sucked too, all throughout it seemed he tried to perfect his Johnny Depp “HST/Captain Jack Sparrow” caricature and failed, miserably, at putting forth something original.

That is all…

GAINER

[/quote]

While we are in the process of pointing out movies that suck…don’t forget about Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I have been debating for a few days now how to dispose of the dvd I bought without it harming anyone else.

[quote]elevationgain wrote:

Yes, yes way, Damon flat out sucked, he’s better in movies where he doesn’t talk much, like the Bourne series.

The movie must have been edited by a coke fiend with ADHD hopped up on Starbucks Doubleshots…

And Heath Ledger sucked too, all throughout it seemed he tried to perfect his Johnny Depp “HST/Captain Jack Sparrow” caricature and failed, miserably, at putting forth something original. Who knows maybe the director (same who directed Fear and Loathing in Lost Vegas) coached Ledger into acting like that, since his mannerisms looked so much like Depp in FALILV all the way down to the goofy smirks and finger wriggling. All he was missing was a cigarette holder and a pair of shades. Freaking miserable performances all around.

That is all…

GAINER

[/quote]

But Monica looked great! Damn I love to look at that woman!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

While we are in the process of pointing out movies that suck…don’t forget about Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. I have been debating for a few days now how to dispose of the dvd I bought without it harming anyone else.[/quote]

Thanks for the warning. I loved the books and have been wondering if I should pick up the DVD.

I’ll second Professor x’s opinion on Hitchhiker’s. It didn’t follow the book at all, and the jokes weren’t funny. It lost the English touch in translation.