MoveOn.org Gets Violent

More openminded liberals trying to encourage discussion–res ipsa loquitur:

(Jun. 25) – The highly anticipated film, Fahrenheit 9/11, came with more than just controversy at one Las Vegas movie theatre. Moviegoer, Richard Streeter, was one of the many who made his way to a theatre to see what the hype was about. After viewing the film, he was greeted outside the theatre by members of the Las Vegas MoveOn.org.

The group was handing out leaflets on the importance of the film. Streeter voiced his view on the movie, "I made the comment, apples and oranges – Kerry, Bush – one’s no better than the other. You really ain’t got much of a choice. This guy comes up to me and says, ‘Oh yeah?’ " Streeter was then spat on by the same man.

He attempted to call police to report the incident when he was told not to, "A guy standing next to him said why don’t you drop it. I said, ‘No, I’m calling the police. I’m exercising my right as a citizen, I’ve been assaulted.’ "

But the horror kept on growing for Streeter as he walked to his car on the phone with police, “This guy turns, and totally by surprise takes his hand and bam! It was a big guy. Shoved me onto the ground, I hit my head.” A police report has been filed.

The film is a portrayal of President Bush and his administration. Filmmaker Michael Moore admits Fahrenheit 9/11 is his personal attack on the President and intends to change voters’ minds. The President’s supporters say the movie is being used for propaganda.

www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1970759

That’s a terrible story, assuming it’s accurate since it’s only his side. Other than that, what are we take away from your post, ScottL - that Moveon is a violent organization?

Did anyone blame Bush when Cheney told a representatvie to fuck himself?

[quote]

Did anyone blame Bush when Cheney told a representatvie to fuck himself?[/quote]

That was fucking great. Don’t fuck with Cheney.

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:
That’s a terrible story, assuming it’s accurate since it’s only his side. Other than that, what are we take away from your post, ScottL - that Moveon is a violent organization?[/quote]
It’s ironic, I think, since one of Michael Moore’s technique is to represent a position by supposed adherents who are a 100 times more ridiculous than the average.

Still, it is an anecdote that accurately reflects the political climate these days. Judge a Bush action on the merits of policy or identify a Bush action as the kind taken by any politician (not the Antichrist), and you’re a evil sheep who deserves a beatdown.

“sticks and stones, but names…” Come on, RSU!

I was just thinking how nice it would be to meet one of these violent Moveon.org clowns in a dark alley.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[/quote]

Or what? He’ll curse at you?

More accurately, he’ll smear you and your family, bomb the nation of your heritage, and have one of his companies profit off the funeral arrangements…

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I was just thinking how nice it would be to meet one of these violent Moveon.org clowns in a dark alley.[/quote]

You sound like a tough guy.

“sticks and stones, but names…” Come on, RSU!

You don’t see my analogy? If scottl is trying to imply that moveon is a violent organization because one of its members is a fanatic who became violent, then why not implicate bush at fault for cheney’s outburst?

You don’t see my analogy? If scottl is trying to imply that moveon is a violent organization because one of its members is a fanatic who became violent, then why not implicate bush at fault for cheney’s outburst?

Cheney’s “outburst” was to say FU to some a…h… who’s been spreading the usual liberal halberton (sp?) nonsense and then came over and tried to make smalltalk with them. If you equate this with beating someone up…

res ipsa loquitur

MoveOn.org sponsors violent events; case in point is an event where feminists are actually “bashing Bush.” This is amazing. What would happen if the Club for Growth or AEI set something like this up?

http://calendars.lawrence.com/events/5231/

Press release:
Kansas City, MO - Beauty Slays the Beast, a diverse organization of local women, presents a rockin’ all-day, all-ages, outdoor/indoor festival Sunday, June 27th to promote political awareness and give the Bush Administration the ax. Beauty Slays the Beast festivities begin at 11:00 A.M. at Davey’s Uptown Rambler’s Club, 3402 Main, and continue until 2:30 A.M. This unique multimedia event will feature local bands and artists, an art auction, speakers, a silent auction of goods and services including cartoon lithographs, kids’ activities, voter registration, food and drink vendors, raffles, a cake walk, film screenings, and more. Admission is $10 for the entire day, and tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance in Kansas City at the Cup and Saucer, 412 Delaware, and Recycled Sounds, 3941 Main, and in Lawrence at Sugartown, 918 Massachusetts.

And, Just for Fun, Bash Bush - Literally
If you’ve ever wanted to punch out a President, here’s your chance. For a small donation, attendees can “Give George What-For in '04” by punching an inflatable likeness of President Bush. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to take politics into your own hands. Other games and kids’ stuff include politically-themed face painting and temporary tattoos, and you’ll want to warm up your pitching arm for the “Asses of Evil” dunking booth featuring volunteers masked to resemble “W,” Dick Cheney, & Co.

If you’ve been listening to the news lately, you’ve likely heard that single women feel particularly disenfranchised and disinterested in politics this year. Beauty Slays the Beast is out to prove that notion wrong. Not just a one-time event, Beauty Slays the Beast is a movement conceived to encourage political participation in general and the support of women in business, politics, and the arts. The organization was formed in an after-hours discussion between two women concerning anger about recent political events and still-condescending attitudes about women, especially those in bands.

What gets me is that children are even invited to partake in the “violence”!!

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:
doogie wrote:

Or what? He’ll curse at you?

More accurately, he’ll smear you and your family, bomb the nation of your heritage, and have one of his companies profit off the funeral arrangements…
[/quote]

Flat out, Cheney doesn’t take shit. That is the kind of man we need to lead this country against the cowardice of Islam. Send some retarded 16 year old to blow himself up. Cheney will kill every relative on your family tree. Behead a hostage. Cheney will nuke your motherland. Yes, talk shit about him and then pretend to be his friend. Try to shake his hand. He will tell you that you are a cock smoking asshole who needs to go fuck himself. No P.C. bullshit. God bless Cheney, and may God have mercy on the souls of those who oppose him.

Say on! doogie!
ooops…I guess that is not “Christian” thinking according to my moral gatekeeper…danh!!!

[quote]Flat out, Cheney doesn’t take shit. That is the kind of man we need to lead this country against the cowardice of Islam. Send some retarded 16 year old to blow himself up. Cheney will kill every relative on your family tree. Behead a hostage. Cheney will nuke your motherland. Yes, talk shit about him and then pretend to be his friend. Try to shake his hand. He will tell you that you are a cock smoking asshole who needs to go fuck himself. No P.C. bullshit. God bless Cheney, and may God have mercy on the souls of those who oppose him.
[/quote]

Ugh, this is disgusting. You are disgusting and your fellows on board here ought to be ashamed, as should the admin. that you support them on these grounds. I’ve only known teenagers and only the most uneducated machismo men to support such narrow aggression.

[quote]ScottL wrote:

Cheney’s “outburst” was to say FU to some a…h… who’s been spreading the usual liberal halberton (sp?) nonsense and then came over and tried to make smalltalk with them. If you equate this with beating someone up…

res ipsa loquitur[/quote]

ARRGGGHHH!!! this was not my point, as I stated so clearly before. READ POSTS BEFORE REPLYING!!

My point was not what Cheney said or did, or even the context it occurred, but instead how it wouldn’t be proper to blame Bush for Cheney’s outburst (you can remove the quotes from outburst!) just as it is unfair to deem MoveOn.org for something one of its members has done.

Help.

ScottL, and others: What would it take for you to buy into the Haliburton claims and ‘nonsense.’ Seriously, name a fictional scenario in which you might say “Cheney as acted improper and Haliburton has had inappropriate access…” or something similar. What would it take? Is it even possible? Are there any conditions in which you might criticize the president or the VP?

Are there any conditions in which you might criticize the president or the VP?

Right side up: Bush has done a ton of stupid things. But the democrats are not credible on defense. They also refuse to even consider a moderate (I guess they have no choice). They are also beholden to the teacher’s union (one reason education is lacking in this country), and the trial lawyers (no offense meant to BostonBarrister). Sooo I do not feel there is much alternative.

Halliburton is under investigation by the Justice Department. It’s already been established that they have overcharged the US government (in other worders we taxpayers) millions of dollars.

So what “liberal nonsense” is being referred to, re: Halliburton?

If some dickhead spit on somebody outside a movie theater, that is bad. But right now it is a one-sided story, no? Didja know there was a right wing group posing as a left wing group, calling theaters and threatening them about “F 9-11”? This could be more right wing dirty tricks, for all we know.

When Dick Cheney told Senator Leahy to fuck himself, was that another example of Team Bush “changing the tone in Washington” and being a “uniter, not a divider”?

I’ve seen Senator Leahy on C-SPAN quite a bit, and he is a very moderate and statesmanlike Democrat. It seems to me that “Big Time” Dick Cheney is frustrated with current events and is losing his cool. You think that is a good quality in a leader???