T Nation

Move Over V-Diet, Hello K-E Diet

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

wow, lol

Yeah, heard about this on the radio this morning.

800 calories a day, wonder what happens when they come off the diet?

[quote]JLone wrote:

800 calories a day, wonder what happens when they come off the diet?[/quote]

fatter wife :wink:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

fatter wife ;)[/quote]

Yep…with bad breath.

LOL at doing this for “10 lbs”.

http://gma.yahoo.com/k-e-diet-brides-using-feeding-tubes-rapidly-080053646--abc-news-health.html

wow, lol[/quote]

As a Dietitian who’s main job is to calculate these same types of feeding (nasogastric) for critically ill adults and Neonates, I find this “diet” absolutely appalling.

NG tubes are NOT comfortable! I want to know what these brides are doing for these 3 weeks, cause you sure as hell would be getting some seriously funny looks walking down the street with a tube coming out of your nose.

[quote]
“I don’t have all of the time on the planet just to focus an hour and a half a day to exercise so I came to the doctor, I saw the diet, and I said, 'You know what? Why not? Let me try it. So I decided to go ahead and give it a shot,” she said.

“I was tired. I didn’t feel like exercising. The doctor told me that if you can compliment with walking for a half an hour on the beach, that would be great, but I didn’t feel like doing that. I’m a very energetic person, but those days I was a little tired.” [/quote]

quoted from article

[quote]chillain wrote:

LOL at living during a time where “I don’t feel like exercising” means “intubate yourself like a critical emergency case”.

Yes, you look way LESS dorky with a tube in your nose than you did in sweat pants.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

LOL at living during a time where “I don’t feel like exercising” means “intubate yourself like a critical emergency case”.

Yes, you look way LESS dorky with a tube in your nose than you did in sweat pants.[/quote]

You said it man… ridiculous day in age we live in now.

Fucking Lazy bitches!

[quote]JLone wrote:

fatter wife ;)[/quote]

LOL… This is so true. I’ve seen average looking women at work drop weight, look pretty good, then a few months later do a double-take because they’ve blown up looking fatter than before. Turns out they’ve gotten married and put on all the weight they lost for the wedding. Perfect example of the rebound effect making these women look fatter than they did before they lost the weight.

Have yet to see anyone walking around with a tube in their nose. Must be the stay-at-home ones. More insanity…

$1500 for only 10 lbs is also ridiculously expensive.

Daisy

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
LOL… This is so true. I’ve seen average looking women at work drop weight, look pretty good, then a few months later do a double-take because they’ve blown up looking fatter than before. Turns out they’ve gotten married and put on all the weight they lost for the wedding. Perfect example of the rebound effect making these women look fatter than they did before they lost the weight.

Have yet to see anyone walking around with a tube in their nose. Must be the stay-at-home ones. More insanity… [/quote]
I always think of Jessica Simpson when women talk about 800 calorie diets.
She lost weight for her role in Dukes of Hazard then blew up afterwards.

Aftermath… (maybe blew up was an over statement, but still)

Don’t know why anyone would knowingly choose this path.

LOL @ “blew up”…but yeah, diets like that are bound to fail and fail BIG.