Mounting Heavy Squats

Hello all.

I am starting to get fairly heavy on squats. About 320 in the OVT program. I am wondering, however, if I am mounting correctly in the rack.

Am I supposed to step backwards after getting the bar on my shoulder? Should I be directly under? I just don’t want to hurt myself and would liek some input or a link to an article. Thanks!

JF

[quote]Jesus_Freak wrote:
Hello all.

I am starting to get fairly heavy on squats. About 320 in the OVT program. I am wondering, however, if I am mounting correctly in the rack.

Am I supposed to step backwards after getting the bar on my shoulder? Should I be directly under? I just don’t want to hurt myself and would liek some input or a link to an article. Thanks!

JF[/quote]

Hmm, dont know what the OVT program is but yeah…I know how to squat though :).

Umm it matters what rack really. If its really that annoying for you to step back…then just use a power rack, after you dismount the rack your pretty much fine with room(even though youll be really close to the edge of the rack.

With a regular ol’ squat rack youre gonna have to step a little away. At least I always do. I dont see why it would be so hard unless your maxing out…