Mountaindog Training

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
While I really enjoy his articles (particularly about nutrition, hormones, digestion, etc.), most of his training methods are hardly novel. His training for the most part consists of standard, time-tested bodybuilding methods. No doubt they are well-thought out and certainly everyone can pick a new idea here and there, but in the end they shouldn’t be a revelation.

The only real intriguing part in my opinion is that he proposes to systematically use (basic) periodization for the goal of bodybuilding. This is not many suggest or use for BBing I think.

I think he especially stands out here on TN, because most of the recent articles where not written for and by actual bodybuilders.

That being said, I’m sure that probably everyone will make great progress if they hire him. Hell, if Shelby believes in his programs, I do too.[/quote]

Thing is working with JM and reading his article is really 2 completely different things

To give you an idea, I never do the same workouts, ever. They change every week

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
While I really enjoy his articles (particularly about nutrition, hormones, digestion, etc.), most of his training methods are hardly novel. His training for the most part consists of standard, time-tested bodybuilding methods. No doubt they are well-thought out and certainly everyone can pick a new idea here and there, but in the end they shouldn’t be a revelation.

The only real intriguing part in my opinion is that he proposes to systematically use (basic) periodization for the goal of bodybuilding. This is not many suggest or use for BBing I think.

I think he especially stands out here on TN, because most of the recent articles where not written for and by actual bodybuilders.

That being said, I’m sure that probably everyone will make great progress if they hire him. Hell, if Shelby believes in his programs, I do too.[/quote]

Thing is working with JM and reading his article is really 2 completely different things

To give you an idea, I never do the same workouts, ever. They change every week[/quote]
x2. I thought I had a glimpse of what JM does for workouts after reading his articles. I’m on one of his programs and it’s completely different to say the least.

I usually hate not building my own routines.

Mountain dog training is the only pre-made routine that blows my mind. I’d love to hire him some day but I don’t have an extra 600-2000 dollars to spend as a jobless veteran/college student.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

Mountain dog training is the only pre-made routine that blows my mind. I’d love to hire him some day but I don’t have an extra 600-2000 dollars to spend as a jobless veteran/college student.[/quote]

its 400$ for 12weeks and you get 4different workouts PER WEEK.

48 WORKOUTS for 400$… and they are amazingly well explained/detailed

No he doesnt pay me to pimp his program. Im just amazed by how well it works and how fun it is never doing the same thing

Not only that, but it will give you training ideas for life. And you can always come back to it and re-do the program down the road.

and you will be awesome

[quote]zraw wrote:

Mountain dog training is the only pre-made routine that blows my mind. I’d love to hire him some day but I don’t have an extra 600-2000 dollars to spend as a jobless veteran/college student.[/quote]

No he doesnt pay me to pimp his program. Im just amazed by how well it works and how fun it is never doing the same thing[/quote]

Wow! Thats good value. Is it extra for nutrition advice?

Think i’m going to give Mountain Dog style training a go, starting after my week off. I’ll slightly lower the volume and intensity than in the articles as i’m not at an advanced level yet.

I like the idea of building volume and intensity in stages till a couple of all out intense weeks. Plus i’ve never really used things like dropsets and partials so coule provide a nice little shock to the system and i’ll hopefully gain a few lbs!

I’m considering hiring JM to take care of my diet and training in 2013

It will be the most expensive investiment I ever did concerning bbing but sure as hell it will pay off :slight_smile:

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
I’m considering hiring JM to take care of my diet and training in 2013

It will be the most expensive investiment I ever did concerning bbing but sure as hell it will pay off :)[/quote]

At where you’re at physically, and your strength, I wouldn’t recommend it.

No one else would have a chance.

(Seriously, do it. Everyone I know IRL that has done it has had nothing but insane results.)

I’m in with JM for 2 weeks now.

Lovin’ it

Mat’

JM is definitely making big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from all this
his programs make me bigger without hurting my joints so I’m glad he’s going well. I’m for sure hiring a coach when I’m ready to compete

Matt Kroc just signed up, its gonna get nasty…

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=177890&tid=

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=177890&tid=[/quote]

‘Squats 150x10,240x10,330x10,420x10,470x10,510x10’

That’s already nasty.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=177890&tid=[/quote]

I hope they film a couple a couple of sessions.

I know a lot of you like combining chest and delts per JM. Just curious how you all go about it and if you could give me an idea about a typical workout. My shoulders are really beat up. Thinking about combining the two and going to a four day split just to minimize the number of times the shoulder girdle gets hit.

[quote]wesmantooth wrote:
I know a lot of you like combining chest and delts per JM. Just curious how you all go about it and if you could give me an idea about a typical workout. My shoulders are really beat up. Thinking about combining the two and going to a four day split just to minimize the number of times the shoulder girdle gets hit.[/quote]

it’s pretty simple but it depends which program of his you are doing. Right now I’m hitting Chest/Shoulders twice a week, one is a heavier/more voluminous day with less overall sets of shoulders, the second day is a lighter day but more overall sets for shoulders. Check out the Brotherhood of Iron sub-forum, I have some chest/shoulder days posted there (both workouts). JM gave me permission to post my workouts there every 1-2 weeks.

[quote]zraw wrote:

No he doesnt pay me to pimp his program. Im just amazed by how well it works and how fun it is never doing the same thing[/quote]

does that include the diet? or is that a separate fee, if so how much?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]

Thats training only!

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]

Thats training only![/quote]

Damn good deal!