T Nation

Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Boats and ATV's

Who rides any of the above?

Im trying to start up a motorsports supply company, and I need info from anyone who wishes to contribute.

My store will be mainly online based, so I need to know what you guys want from an online store. A forum attached to it, perhaps? wink
Maybe a place to share your videos of you and your buds doing stupid shit?
Just toss ideas out there.

And what makes you buy from one company instead of another? Not talking manufacturers here, but why do you buy your helmets, leathers, suits, boots, tires, tracks, etc from one store instead of another?

I want to open the site that you, the customer, wants. Not what I care about. After all, Im not gonna be the one giving myself money.

Thanks for any help.

Don’t sell junk, keep the prices in line with other companies, and make sure there’s enough people to answer the phone and respond to emails. That’s really all there is to it.

Oh, and don’t list your pricing with some phoney “retail” price and your lower sale price which is still above MSRP. That’s just annoying.

quality and selection along with some hard to find stuff like limited edition suzuki and kaw street bike jackets…ya im a sucker for em lol

Good customer service is the most important thing to me, even more than the lowest prices.

When I call I wanna talk to a live person (not a ‘press 1 for this, press 2 for that’) who knows the product and the companies policies.

I expect a tracking number for anything ordered and if any thing is on back order I should be emailed immediately, I shouldn’t be calling looking for my shit or left hanging for a couple weeks. If a damaged/incorrect part is sent the company should cover freight for the return and next day air the correct product free of charge.

I might come off like a dick but I do alot of online shopping and it really pisses me off when someone charges my credit card and then “forgets” about me.

Good Luck with the company

Allow people to post reviews on the product info pages

Fast and free shipping

Painless return policy

(I ride bikes btw)

Spark plugs of all sorts…
Miscellaneous parts… (big zip ties, wd-40, become an oil wholesale)
baclavas priced competitively(im a snowmobilier, why are they so expensive)

more to come

These guys have their shit together - learn from them!

www.newenough.com

A pleasure every time.

And why I am poor now.

[quote]zenomaly wrote:
Allow people to post reviews on the product info pages

Fast and free shipping

Painless return policy

(I ride bikes btw)[/quote]

x2

and if thats your tat its sweet

Thrasher laid down some great advice. Communication is key. Most people will be willing to pay a little more if you treat them well and are cool to them.

OP you in the ARMY? That looks like an army beanie to me.

And if you are where is your
Helmet
Hi Viz Belt
Gloves
Eye protection
Over the ankle boots

lol na I hate gettin yelled at for that shit when I’m not even on base.

[quote]1porsche wrote:

Helmet
Hi Viz Belt
Gloves
Eye protection
Over the ankle boots

lol na I hate gettin yelled at for that shit when I’m not even on base.[/quote]

Yep, in the army. If you will notice, however, I am wearing a full leather suit. I also had my helmet, gloves, boots, and knee pucks on for that ride. We were tearing up some mountain roads, going from Idyllwild, CA to Palm Springs and back. Great ride.

I was however, missing my reflective belt. It musta cough fell off sometime during the ride. Yeah, thats what happened.

[quote]1porsche wrote:

Helmet
Hi Viz Belt
Gloves
Eye protection
Over the ankle boots

lol na I hate gettin yelled at for that shit when I’m not even on base.[/quote]

Try getting a motorcycle license in USAREUR…

Every purchase I have made at newenough.com has been fantastic. They carry everything I want, at cheap prices, with lots of pics, and pretty nice personal reviews from the site owner. Their customer service is also top notch. Good luck to you, I only mention this as they are definitely the people to model yourself after.