Motorcycles - Post Your Ride

My first bike, 16 years old. 1970 Honda CB175, $300 bucks used. Ugly as fuck ain’t it lol. Still got it in my garage, motor is broken though, haven’t touched it(except to move it over the years) since it broke in 81’.

My buddies called it the roustabout bike after an Elvis movie where he rode a red Honda. Those rubber tank things are hideous.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I need to get out of this thread…

I’m going to have an orgasm…[/quote]

Don’t worry about it, happens to a lot of the women in my life. lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
The BatCave[/quote]

I’m honestly thinking of painting my garage interior all black with studio lighting.

I don’t think I’ll be throwing a tv in though. This is Texas. It’s too hot for that shit unless yours is air conditioned.[/quote]

Ahem, X - that’s my drive in theater. They don’t have many of those in the south so its my little taste of home (actually just a projection tv that I didn’t want to scrap or craigslist).

I thought about painting mine as well. May end up doing so at some point but I did the floor with the epoxy paint and chips. Looked really good for awhile (about a yr) but I’ll have to redo it next year.

This is what I eventually graduated to, 1984 GS1150. I’ve gotten a custom paint job since this photo was taken.

I love this bike and I can’t ever see myself selling it. Too many good times. Heavy as hell but it still pulls allright. Mid 11’s in the 1/4 mile stock with me as the rider, damn reaction times grrrrr, I sucked at it.

Love the Ducati Monster. I don’t know what my next one will be…but that one is in the top 5.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Soooo, why would you leave?

Love the Ducati Monster. I don’t know what my next one will be…but that one is in the top 5.[/quote]

Saw the Suzuki M109r at the gym recently and had never really paid any attention to that model before. I recently sold my yamaha in that photo and have been thinking about upgrading the cruiser.

I went through a tire a season doing Mad Max donuts all over town on this bike I owned for a few years. I’d visit someone and leave one of these in front of their house, neighbors didn’t appreciate it I’m sure at two in the morning lol.

Love the Ducati Monster. I don’t know what my next one will be…but that one is in the top 5.[/quote]

X2

The sticker price here for those is roughly eighteen thou. The full on replicas are around 28 to thirty thousand. It’s painfull to walk around the showroom.

VMAX

[quote]FireChris wrote:
VMAX[/quote]

I worked with a guy who mounted a supercharger on his, all street legal, heat wrapped custom pipes, sounded un fucking real.

It’s a pretty bad ass bike IMO… Very "cafe racer"esque. I like that style a lot

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Wouldn’t be the first time that 1800cc v-twin has done that to a girl. . .

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Wouldn’t be the first time that 1800cc v-twin has done that to a girl. . .[/quote]

…or a Honda CBR.

Yeah, like v-twins get all the action.

eyeroll

[quote]Sturat wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Wouldn’t be the first time that 1800cc v-twin has done that to a girl. . .[/quote]

…or a Honda CBR.

Yeah, like v-twins get all the action.

eyeroll[/quote]

haha, actually the best bike I had for that was my '83 GSX 1100E. It depends a lot on the girl. . .

[quote]morepain wrote:
in progress, started this one in january, its about ready for teardown for prep and paint. My softail is in my avatar. my next project is a 1973 triumph trident restoration that i inherited from my father when he passed this year. [/quote]

niceee, I almost drooled on myself. sorry to hear about your dad though… good luck on that resto.

thanks friend…i have owned some cool bikes in my life…but until you have hand built one you really don’t know true love.

gasp are you insinuating that I don’t love my 600R???

jk. I was thinking of doing a naked conversion or just trade it in for a streetfighter.

anyone got any stupid/funny/crazy stories? my buddy was teaching me how to ride and do low speed slaloms and turns in an empty parking lot before I took the riding test. I was doing slow figure eights around cones when I overran a turn, overcompensated to the left and dropped the bike >_< luckily I hit the kill switch and got her back upright before he managed to take a pic…

Please. Bike love does not depend on whether you built her.

It depends on whether you can control her.

Very nice scooters fella’s. Im a tad too young for the cruizers but if it looks good it looks good.!!

I prefer the hooligan bikes!!

I had a choice between a monster, a speed triple and the cb 1000… Needless to say i took the honda

I use it as an every day so needed something that can take a punch. Like all hondas are well known for.