Motorcycle Info

Anyone have any recommendations for good sites/forums to learn about motorcycles?

I didn’t even know if I wanted a bike a few weeks ago. Then I took the MSF safety class and tried out a couple of my friends’ bikes. Now I have my license, bought a motorcycle yesterday, and plan on getting all the insurance and registration taken care of tomorrow.

However, I’m noob as hell when it comes to bikes. I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course and a friend of mine is going to help me get going. But I’d like to find some good resources to soak up as much information as I can.

[quote]BiscuitChief wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for good sites/forums to learn about motorcycles?

I didn’t even know if I wanted a bike a few weeks ago. Then I took the MSF safety class and tried out a couple of my friends’ bikes. Now I have my license, bought a motorcycle yesterday, and plan on getting all the insurance and registration taken care of tomorrow.

However, I’m noob as hell when it comes to bikes. I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course and a friend of mine is going to help me get going. But I’d like to find some good resources to soak up as much information as I can.[/quote]

You learn the most from other riders. No lie.

I was lucky enough to start out hanging around some “level headed” (that’s in quotes for a reason…real riders do take risks but they are smart about it) slightly older riders. They taught the little shit you rarely think about as a newb…like not riding right down the middle of the lane where that black stripe is from previous cars leaking oil. If the street is wet at all that is the worst place to be.

Forums on bikes that I’ve found really didn’t “teach” me anything. You will learn the names for the bike parts, but riding is a little like lifting weights. You can talk about it all you want to but the lesson doesn’t really begin until you are in the middle of a bunch of really heavy moving objects.