Motivational Vid

What’s up guys, I made a 60 second mock commercial. My youtube channel is centered around powerlifting, since obviously that is what I do.

I am going to make hype up videos leading up to USAPL raw nationals. Hopefully I can not only get myself some exposure, but also the sport of powerlifting in the process.

Thanks for checkin it out!

Your performance is impressive - great form and strength. Also good body.

Pity that you come across as such a tool.

agree^^^^^

I see you’re still calling yourself the “strongest 181-lb. collegiate athlete.” Perhaps if you didn’t make such unfounded claims, respected where you stood in this sport, and self-promoted so much, people would be more accepting. But if I were a USAPL collegiate 181 with an actual total in the books–particularly if I were one of the top ones–then I’d find this stuff annoying.

^ he actually said that without having a legit competition total? That’s pretty damn arrogant, and yea, disrespectful to those who have competed at the highest levels.

Strong hatin in here…

I liked it.

The video, that is.

[quote]KyleKeough wrote:
I see you’re still calling yourself the “strongest 181-lb. collegiate athlete.” Perhaps if you didn’t make such unfounded claims, respected where you stood in this sport, and self-promoted so much, people would be more accepting. But if I were a USAPL collegiate 181 with an actual total in the books–particularly if I were one of the top ones–then I’d find this stuff annoying.[/quote]

He actually said this?..

OP,

your channel is well produced. You are pretty strong and athletic. The “strongest 181 lb…” thing however, is REALLY douchey, and very disingenuous.

Hell, Vashon Perryman hit a 716lb deadlift at 165, and Jamie Lewis squatted over 6 at 165.

I hit a 501 lb squat in competition at 172lbs and a 581 dl the same day…in competition.

Keep training hard, but eat a slice of humble fucking pie.

just putting this out there

^good post

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]KyleKeough wrote:
I see you’re still calling yourself the “strongest 181-lb. collegiate athlete.” Perhaps if you didn’t make such unfounded claims, respected where you stood in this sport, and self-promoted so much, people would be more accepting. But if I were a USAPL collegiate 181 with an actual total in the books–particularly if I were one of the top ones–then I’d find this stuff annoying.[/quote]

He actually said this?..[/quote]

It’s on his youtube channel:

"About CanditoTrainingHQ

Established and run by Jonnie Candito, the strongest 181 pound Collegiate athlete and Joe Candito, Candito Training HQ clarifies exactly what methods make you a better athlete. That simple. Performance is improved when hard work is combined with an efficient program. Training without guidance is training blind. Our job is to make you benefit 100% from every ounce of effort you put into becoming a better performing machine."

He’s a strong kid and probably a nice guy who means well and gives out a lot of information for free, but you earn the designation of being the strongest at anything by what you do on the platform. I don’t know how you can call yourself a “top-ranked” anything when you’re nowhere to be found on a rankings list.

[quote]xneverbackdown wrote:

just putting this out there[/quote]

Are you Andrew Hollenbeck? If so, are you competing at 148 now? I saw an Andrew Hollenbeck did a really nice raw total at that weight not too long ago.

Also, it amazes me how every person 25 and under feels like he can be an e-guru.

[quote]KyleKeough wrote:

Are you Andrew Hollenbeck? If so, are you competing at 148 now? I saw an Andrew Hollenbeck did a really nice raw total at that weight not too long ago.[/quote]

Nope andrew is a close friend and training partner of mine. He’s sticking with 148 for a while and I think hes gonna do some wild shit. He’s looking to pull 600+ raw

[quote]KyleKeough wrote:

Are you Andrew Hollenbeck? If so, are you competing at 148 now? I saw an Andrew Hollenbeck did a really nice raw total at that weight not too long ago.[/quote]

Nope andrew is a close friend and training partner of mine. He’s sticking with 148 for a while and I think hes gonna do some wild shit. He’s looking to pull 600+ raw[/quote]

Tell him I wish him the best of luck! It’s great to have more top competition around at 148.

[quote]hastalles wrote:
The video, that is.[/quote]
It felt like watching Zyzz squat…