Motivation to Train

If you did Mauy Thai just go off on a heavy bag for a while as your warmup nothing gets me more pumped for lifting some weights than beating the shit out of the heavybag.

Oh and get to know some of the guys at the local gym. You don’t have to train with them but I find the more friendly I am with the guys at the gym the better my gym experience will be, look forward to seeing friends and watching them progress just as much as yourself.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
If you did Mauy Thai just go off on a heavy bag for a while as your warmup nothing gets me more pumped for lifting some weights than beating the shit out of the heavybag.

Oh and get to know some of the guys at the local gym. You don’t have to train with them but I find the more friendly I am with the guys at the gym the better my gym experience will be, look forward to seeing friends and watching them progress just as much as yourself.[/quote]

Funny that you say that cause that’s exactly what I did; and it does help, but it definitely tired me out workout.
as for being friendly with people at the gym, it’s a bit harder as a guy… might be easier if you’re a pretty girl lol.

… I am a guy, how is it hard to be friendly?

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
… I am a guy, how is it hard to be friendly?[/quote]

I guess it may just be me. I like going in and putting on my headphones and doing my own thing.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

Watch this, with the volume cranked. Imagine how fucking pumped and in the zone these guys are, how focused and at peace they are with the world, how the only thing on this planet that matters while they are on that platform, is lifting the weight.

Now adopt that attitude for yourself. Go to the gym, and establish what your lifts look like now. Make goals based on that. Achieve the goals. Repeat. You’ll get addicted. [/quote]

H4M, I read your story on one of the T-Cell Alpha posts - that’s motivating right there. OP please read it!

[/quote]

Motivational indeed. H4M, can I ask if you have any photos of what you were like before you started training? Previous stats?

[quote]The Goose. wrote:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

Watch this, with the volume cranked. Imagine how fucking pumped and in the zone these guys are, how focused and at peace they are with the world, how the only thing on this planet that matters while they are on that platform, is lifting the weight.

Now adopt that attitude for yourself. Go to the gym, and establish what your lifts look like now. Make goals based on that. Achieve the goals. Repeat. You’ll get addicted. [/quote]

H4M, I read your story on one of the T-Cell Alpha posts - that’s motivating right there. OP please read it!

[/quote]

Motivational indeed. H4M, can I ask if you have any photos of what you were like before you started training? Previous stats?[/quote]

I was always somewhat camera-shy before the age of 18ish…so it’s hard to find any pics of me before then. I can try and dig a few up next time I’m home though. I was really just an average, active kid though. Not fat, not skinny, etc. Just a kid that enjoyed pick-up sports, and was always active in general. In my neighborhood and group of friends that was the norm for us. None of us were fatasses.

ah ok, I was only wondering cause C_C referred to you as a runt before you started