Motivation To Keep Losing

So, i’m trying to lose weight, down from 307 to 234 now…BUT, since I got back from a trip in June, I have had no motivation for working out or eating healthy for that matter.

So, I keep going back and forth between 230 and 240 and can’t seem to get on track. I’ve always been a beginning lifter, but my ultimate goal is to maintain muscle mass and get under 10% body fat.

Not sure why i’m posting, guess i’m just hoping it will motivate me to keep pressing towards my goal. I feel it slipping away, and i’ve come too far to do that.

Isn’t it strange how I know all this, but still let it happen? Mental problems. :wink:

Original title to this thread was “Loser” before a mod changed it. :slight_smile:

From the vast volume of responses, looks like that’s the general consensus around here. :slight_smile:

No problem, hopefully it helped just putting it down on “paper.”

Mod note: The title would be my “fault”. Just trying to help with a description. Feel free to edit it back.
Mod Jump’n Jack.

Just keep going. Just fuckin lift, man. We all get to this point whatever you goal or sport is. Stick it out. I don’t wanna wrestle some days but I go and I often have a great day.

Do you really need to be motivated?
I’m not motivated in general but i still get to the gym 5/6 days per week to lift and do cardio - i’ve lost 32 lbs of flab in 9 weeks and i’m down to 264lbs now.

Suck it up. Have some self respect. You’re closer to your goal than when you started. Its a hard road but at least its the right road. Do it for your-self, for your health.

Pick one of the above. I really hope you get back to doing what you started - you’ve done great so far and the target is in sight - good planning (luck is for those who have’nt made the decision to change - you have)

Take a walk down the road and watch all the fatties walk by.

How they waddle, struggle to catch their breath & how they can’t tie their shoe laces.

Then watch some videos of athletes and browse some of the good progress photo’s on the forum.

Think of how it will be worth it in the end. This at least keeps me from making bad food choices most of the time.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
Just keep going. Just fuckin lift, man. We all get to this point whatever you goal or sport is. Stick it out. I don’t wanna wrestle some days but I go and I often have a great day.[/quote]

Def. I’m a high school wrestler in my senior year; I started wrestling junior year, and realized I had wasted most of my life by not wrestling. I’ve been working out over the summer and lifting is now part of my lifestyle. If you can whip yourself back into the lifestyle, there’s no turning back from there because exercising will become so routine you’ll feel vacant without it (at least thats what happens to me).
Also, if it helps, exercising releases endorphins, the happy-hormone.