T Nation

Motivation Help

I've fallen off the band wagon and does anyone have any suggestions for getting motivated once again. I had a family thing happen and stop working out..I need to help getting motivated again. Any suggestions?

If you want to train, train. If you don't, don't.

Your motivation to train should come from within, if you can't find it then I doubt we can help you.

Shit happens! The one's who make the most progress train through the shit.

If you don't lift, it could become a perpetual thing culminating in you drinking away your life underneath a bus stop bench.

Your choice.

I hear that if you stop lifting for too long it makes you feel like you have to sneeze all the time... but you can never actually sneeze... ever. That's the worst. Don't let it happen to you.

Well the band wagon has moved forward with out your ass......as for suggestions? Umm don't make threads asking for motivation is a first. Second you should do crossfit I heard people who need help staying motivated do it. Oh don't forget to bring koolaid.

AWESOME THANKS

quite possibly the most inspirational video i have ever seen.

I remember hearing about that. That man is the COOLEST FUCKING HUMAN ALIVE. Not to mention the best father on the the planet.

Damn, the video I was gonna post pales in comparison.

Eh fuck it...

Wow. That damn near brings me to tears. What a special video.

HOLY CRAP. That man is a hero....

if this dont motivate you nothing will.

isn't motivation to get fuckin HYOOOGE enough?

In keeping with the theme of motivational videos, I recently learned about this girl:

Blind in one eye, partially deaf, born three months premature, has scoliosis and one leg shorter than the other, is co-captain of her Division III college basketball team, averages 6.4 points and 2.5 steals per game, shoots 38% from three-point range, and she's 4'6", 90 pounds.

Read the short letter by Henry Rollins entitled "Iron". Do a search on this site, it's been posted many, many times and is just great.